Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

KDFI (MS) 924 N/A doesn't start looking for base file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
etiennekuh  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: KDFI (MS) 924 N/A doesn't start looking for base file Reply with quote

I am trying to get my car running but I can't get it to work.

for instance my fuel pump doesn't get a signal and my injectors don't open (no signal either)

RPM signal is verry weird.
sync err comes on often.

does someone have a file where my car could run on?

Thank You!!

Etienne
etiennekuh  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few problems have disapeerd, I did a firmware update, my RPM signal is now around 100 RPM (is this normal?) I alsow haven't got sync err anymore. my injectors work when I turn the power one, but don't work when I start, what could this be does someone have this problem with his MS? Still the Fuelpump doesn't get a signal, anyone has gotten this problem?

and in megatune sometimes I have more green light than other times, what are there function?

Etienne
pocketscience  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure it's not a wiring issue regarding the fuel pump...?

Do you mean the RPM on your tacho, or displayed in MT? My tacho is reading low compared to MT - haven't had time to look at that yet.

G.
69 911
etiennekuh  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuel pump works now, still injectors don't work when cranking. what gab have you got between VR-sensor and 36-1 wheel?

and what injector charateristics do you have? ( Low Z)

etienne
Rich H  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using a relay baord?
Can you confirm that the wiring tot he FP is OK and does the FP run if you jumper the fuseboard?
forget the dash tach it's crap, MS should read accurately, what are you using as a tach trigger? (EDIS/DIZZY/Other)
What size of injectors do you have?

I'll gladly send you my VE tables but unless you tell me some details I can't even guess if they will be any use (I'm guessing not)

Some pics and details would help a lot.
1953 Landrover S1 - Pensioner Spec
RC  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich H wrote:
what are you using as a tach trigger? (EDIS/DIZZY/Other)

Some pics and details would help a lot.

Yes, details will help us help you to help yourself.

Quote:
for instance my fuel pump doesn't get a signal and my injectors don't open (no signal either)

Have you set a prime pulse? No FP prime at ign on otherwise.

Quote:
RPM signal is verry weird.
sync err comes on often.
my RPM signal is now around 100 RPM (is this normal?)

Usual cranking RPM is around 200. Define "weird" and specify tach trigger details.

Quote:
I alsow haven't got sync err anymore. my injectors work when I turn the power one, but don't work when I start, what could this be does someone have this problem with his MS? Still the Fuelpump doesn't get a signal, anyone has gotten this problem?

Have you set priming pulse and cranking pulse width? Give details of req fuel & crank P/W.

Quote:
and in megatune sometimes I have more green light than other times, what are there function?

Green indicates lean if AFR is correctly set & configured and ONLY after the engine has been running for >30 seconds. So ignore ATM.

Quote:
what gab have you got between VR-sensor and 36-1 wheel?

WTF have YOU got? EDIS or MS wheel decoder set up? Check all parameters as cranking signal appears half what it should be with good battery & normal crank speed.

There`s no point in trying to use another persons MSQ, even with an identical set up. Which it wont be. Will cause you more problems that you won`t be aware of. Learn to diagnose and rectify your problems correctly.

Have you RTFM? The answers are there and on the forum if you search and read.
http://www.megamanual.com/mtabcon.htm
flosho  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your wiring to make sure that you have 12v+ to the injectors WHILE the car is cranking and not just when you put the key in/accessories on.

The VR trigger gap should be something like 2 mm.. About the thickness of a US penny or similarly sized coin..

Fuel Pump wiring is super simple on these cars. Take the wire that goes to the fuel pump and run that to either the megasquirt ecu or the relay bored, shouldn't have a problem getting the FP primed.

Check the wiring in the hatch for the fp make sure the connections are in good shape. Should be in the back right side of the hatch under the carpet, and sound deadening, etc.
xpernet  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you getting the RPM readings from the Tacho or Megatune?

You should be getting around 200-300rpm for normal cranking speed. 100 seems to be too low. You might have the VR sensor wires mixed up... ive had that problem when i was trying to start the car. The injectors will not fire unless you are getting a proper RPM Signal. The initial priming pulse (injectors firing when you turn the key on) is a good sign that the MS unit is not damaged.

As the other guys have mentioned, what kind of iginition system are you using? Did you configure Megatune to interface with the type of ignition system you have?

Oh and make sure you got a nicely charged up battery... if your running low on battery, you will have a harder time diagnosing/solving the problem.
Carrera GTS / 944 Body

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." Ferdinand Porsche
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: