Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Group Buy: Solid Lifter Upgrade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ideola  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Min, thanks for digging up those prices on the stock lifters...I hadn't actually gone to that extent and was posting what someone else told me verbally. In any event, economically, these are a no brainer. Yeah, they might be a bit more of a hassle to install the first time, but I'm having my head shop do all the work anyway, so again, it's a no brainer. I think for anyone considering a new cam in the next 12 months this is the way to go...sure would be nice to get a few more folks on board!

Incidentally, at minimum I'm going with a regrind, but I'm still investigating a couple of options for a new cam. I am leaning toward the same profile from Integral Cams that RC went with a while back, which seems to be ideal for my turbo application...
Min  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After my experiance with a 'regrind' I'd recommend a new billet cam from integral, they really are works of art.

Min
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Martijnus  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow... i've got some spare followers... I'm rich!

924 "50-jahre", 1981.
MSII/extra, LPG, ITB's, 5lug.
To be turbo'ed in a while.
Killed her at the Nurburgring, Porscheless at the moment
ideola  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's been a lot of interest, but so far we only have 3 confirmed participants. Please send me PM if you want in on this. Thanks!
flosho  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question, can these lifters be reused if for some reason I switch cams down the road?
ideola  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why not as long as you follow break in procedures...but then again, I'm not the expert on cams. Anybody else have an opinion?
Min  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my opinion on it would be, new cam, new lifters. Thats the proper way to insure longevity of the parts.

Min
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Min wrote:
my opinion on it would be, new cam, new lifters. Thats the proper way to insure longevity of the parts.

. . .and the only way to aviod voiding your warranty on your new cam.
ideola  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK folks, time to get this order rolling. So far, here's what we have:

Raceboy: 1 set
Ideola: 1 set
tom cooper: 1 set
rdjohnson: 1 set

Anybody else want in on this? It would be nice to get to the 5-set discount...

I didn't get a chance to tie things off on this today, so you have until Monday Noon EDT to chime in.
jamie924  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you guys do order any could i just ask do you have any drawings for the followers as i plan to do just the same thing using the piper shims
what do you plan to make yours from
the reason i ask is i picked up some 35mm bar billets of titainium from our local mod air base so i plan to spin mine up from that
As far as i can ee and ive only looked in the good old haynes manual as the head is still on while i measure up for the exhaust manifold and itb s these shouldnt take more than 10 min max on a lathe to make up each one probaly alot less with the stops and dro set.
At present 1 meter of 35mm ali bar of a good grade is about 30 gbp and you should get at least 3 sets from that
surely 200 dollars a set is a bit steep that works out at over 100 gbp for 8 id be happy on a batch to do them for half that
ideola  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shop that does my head work will be providing my shims...
ideola  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're on the fence, it's time to make up your mind. 48 hour extension. We have 3 sets for sure, and I will have confirmation from rdjohnson within the 48 hours for possibly a 4th set. Final cutoff will be 5 PM EDT Thu 20 Mar. Thanks!
fiat22turbo  

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer. Wish I hadn't missed this one. A 20gram weight reduction is a big deal when you're dealing with valve train. Of course putting those damned stock valves on a diet wouldn't hurt either. Good grief do they have some huge valve stems!
ideola  

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spoke with the boys at Piper. The lifters are supposed to ship out tomorrow.

Since we didn't get much participation, there was no discount on the price anyway. You can still call them and they'll make up a set for you.
ideola  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All

I just got an email from piper, as follows:
James @ Piper wrote:
Hi Dan

There just in the QC dept now, I have been told there expected to pass, we will have them shipped out tomorrow morning for you. I need to confirm your card number if possible, my associate Garry will be able to deal with it if you could either call him or drop us a mail. My apologies for the time these have taken to produce, we have experienced a massive upsurge in demand this quarter and have been battling to get everything out the door...

I believe it is two sets your were looking for, I have made up a batch of ten so we have more in stock if you need them, can you confirm if you need the shims as well.

Regards

James

So, if you still want in, there's probably time. However, I would need to know ASAP today, and you would need to paypal the funds TODAY to cover the costs, as I simply do not have the headroom in my budget to cover the cost for any period of time.

The only benefit to ordering now would be to share in the overseas shipment costs. Otherwise, you will incur the same $100 shipping cost that Tom and I are splitting. I know this is short notice, but they haven't been the greatest to communicate with.

There's no rush or pressure other than to help any interested parties save on overseas shipping. Otherwise, it looks like they will have at least 8 sets on the shelf if anyone wants a set later on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: