Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

924S Rebuild!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marky522  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On e-bay there is a 87 924S for sale and it says Quote:

"it has sit for the past year and not been started much. We made the mistake of taking it out after it had been sitting for a long period of time without a checkup. I believe what happened was the gaskets had hardened and when we drove it they blew therefore blowing all of the oil out. It also over-heated and cracked a hose and blew all the antifreeze out. The engine is not locked up but it is very sluggish to try and turn over"

Would this be a hard or costly rebuild? Or does it sound like it doesnt need a rebuild? Maybe something else broke??? Need some info i am getting sick of constantly fixin my 81 924, every time i seem to catch up with all the broken stuff something else goes!!!

Mark
eturbo924  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why purchase another fixer? Find a good 924S that does not need any imediot work. Have seen a few in the 3K range lately. Thinking about getting one myself. Can't decided between a 931 or a 924S though.

Anyway don't walk away from that ebay one... RUN!

Eric
http://www.geocities.com/eturbo924
Dave  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rebuilt my 87 924S it isnt that hard or $$$$ it just takes a while to get the parts. If you are into fixing it up and if the car is cheap then you should get it. If you just want to jump into a car and go then dont get it. You learn alot about the car when you rebuild it. Plus if you have the funds you can trick it out
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: