Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

924 emissions problem. Please help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edhall  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: 924 emissions problem. Please help. Reply with quote

Hi guys. As title says i've failed the MoT test on emissions - CO 8% instead of 4.5%.
I have yet to fiddle with the mixture but i have had a bit of a search and it would seems as if it's running on 'cold start' mixture all the time.
It starts okay hot or cold, though it always misfires when cold. It idles around 1000rpm but surges a bit.
So far i've swapped the warm up regulator but it doesn't seem much different to before (though i've not had it retested yet).
I can't see the air valve would have anything to do with it. Is there anything else i should look at? Anyone have an idea what could be wrong?
BTW it's a UK car so no cats, air valves or any emissions equipment.

Cheers, Ed
RonDwyer82-931  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leaky cold start valve?
Mike924  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A common way of dealing with a duff WUR is to richen the mixture to be closer to the 'cold start' value all the time.

If your WUR was dead and you've now got a good one, you still need to crank the mixture down. Somewhere between 1/8 & 1/4 turn 'out' (anti-clockwise) on the 3 mm Allen adjuster screw on the air meter unit. That should at least get you through the MoT and then you can do the fine tweaking in your own time.

Was the replacemnt WUR new or a secondhand unit...?

'There is no substitute for a little grease under your fingernails.' - Chrenan, 924board.org
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: