Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Still Lean Air Fuel Reading

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flosho  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Still Lean Air Fuel Reading Reply with quote

Ok, so I got the same problem I had last year before I put my car away for the winter.

I've had the o2 sensor and the air/fuel gauge tee'd into into one. Basically at warm up it would idle fine and run good when giving it 75%+ throttle it would be right near the "rich" and "stoich" line. However once it warms up, it basically cruises on the line between "lean" and "stoich." When I go WOT it basically stays the same, which I do not like.

So tonight I decided to disconnect the oxygen sensor. Now it's even WORSE. At idle the idle is a bit rough and low. While cruising at speed its BARIED rich and soon as I get in the gas, it goes waaay lean, leaner than before.

So it seems like the a/f ratio wasn't set very well from the get go. Any suggestions on where to start with this?

*The air/fuel gauge IS a narrowband, and I know they are semi-worthless but its good for telling you to stop before you blow up.
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A wise man recently told me not to adjust the mixture until system & control pressure are checked. JC Whitney has a cheap tester that people around here say works fine.

Another said he had never tested a factory-installed WUR that didn't suffer from some sort of sporadic failure.
leadfoot  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and check for vacuum leaks/exhaust leaks...
leadfoot
flosho  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm going to get my wideband bung welded into this coming week... Then maybe just finish buying the rest of the Megasquirt and say SCREW CIS!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: