Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Body upgrades
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deathxninja  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Body upgrades Reply with quote

I am new to the 924 scene. I have an 82 turbo. I was wondering if you could tell me some good places and apperance upgrades I could do to the front. And side skirts and where to get them in the states. Any help would be nice, I am really lost with this 924, seeing as I have only ever owned chevys. Thank you.
StienbargerR  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Side skirts and stuff here

http://www.allporscheracing.com/BodyK.html

Ryan
deathxninja  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StienbargerR wrote:
Side skirts and stuff here

Ryan

So another question. To put on that turbo nose there, I would have to do the whole car completely?
StienbargerR  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your talking about the nose panel with 'intake holes' no. You can just replace it. I think on some of the earlier 924's you have to cut out the origional panel, but since yours is an 80's model, it might just be bolted on there.

Ryan
flosho  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe any 2.0l 924 has the front header panel tac welded in. So you have to drill out the welds and then source a new header panel and then screw/bolt the new one in.
Khal  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can get the Carrera GT replica parts from GT Racing, too.

American International Racing may have the D Production kits. Anyone checked this out?

Keep an eye on the Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale forum. Carrera GT kits pop-up there on occasion. Sometimes some other interesting bits, too.

I vaguely recall someone posting a source for clear indicator lenses but I'll be buggered if I can find the thread.

Some members like morghen and Joes924racer have gone the D.I.Y. route. With a bit of creative cutting and sanding, you can probably fit lips and skirts from many different cars, provided the bits are roughly the right size in the first place.

Like most, I prefer the car in "Euro" trim, with the shortie bumpers and without those ridiculous side markers. I also like the look of the car with the side trim strip removed. Like mine...

I reckon SoyRacer's car is very clean looking. One of my favourites. And, of course, bass gt's beast.

But I don't think there was ever a huge market for bolt-on body kits for the 924. And now they seem to be all but non-existent, except for the Carrera GT replica bits. I've heard the rear-end is a real bugger to get right, too...
pocketscience  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khal wrote:

I vaguely recall someone posting a source for clear indicator lenses but I'll be buggered if I can find the thread.

I got mine from here: http://protocast.co.uk/

Good gear and Richard was very helpful in supplying fitting instructions etc (especially for rears - they require you removing your existing orange lenses with a Dremel). The fronts just bolt on in 30 seconds.

Gavin.
69 911
One Eyed Wheeler  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having clicked on the link above I nearly wet my pants!!! I have seen one or two places here in UK selling GT/S/R bodykits but some on that link are outstanding!!

Does anyone know of anywhere in the UK I can get a kit like it... or do they ship to UK?

Jay
Such friendships are priceless, and such friendships are forged only through shared experiences (and often, hurdles) from which loyalty and wonder spring. Such friendships are rare. Such friendships are common on the Gumball.
20v924  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: body kits Reply with quote

I didn't see one piece they sold that i would put on my car. but thats just me. I have a nose panel for sale but it takes some body work that most would not be comfortable doing.
Joes924Racer  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if its a turbo panel 20v924 im interested though its alot of work to put one on period I think anyeay tell me if its a turbo panel.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Neil924  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure the quality of the panels differ greatly.

I would like to know the exact materials that went into my body as it is holding up very well. It was put on in 1989 in Germany and that's all I know.
Neil924  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khal wrote:
except for the Carrera GT replica bits. I've heard the
rear-end is a real bugger to get right, too...

These four pictures are from my car. I haven't seen any that even come close to the look. In the last one, the car is pointed slightly down hill. The space between the tops of the tires and fenders match 100% in terms of distance. It's the rear valance that tucks under the car that makes it look deceiving.

Neil924  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a common rear piece of a 924/ 931/ 944/ 951

A real GTS? With that little bump underneath the rear passenger side too.

A real GT? With no rear piece.

morghen  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the red one is a replica or not a GTS..maby a GT...anyway..the rear of these cars is almost impossible to make nice...thats why even porsche let it like that
Neil924  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morghen wrote:
i think the red one is a replica or not a GTS..maby a GT...anyway..the rear of these cars is almost impossible to make nice...thats why even porsche let it like that

You mean the red on in the picture just above your post?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: