Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

What part i need to make a 5 bolt conversion???.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joecitizennn  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New threads just add more info to the mix. Searching produces about 50 percent satisfaction for me, wheras posting a question usually gives 90 and up.

You are in Canada right Lefrog? Too bad you are not in NC. I have a whole suspension with 5 lug hubs and aluminum rear, steel front swingarms, carerra brakes. Too heavy to ship though.
87 924S gone
84 944 sold
83 944 sold
89 turbo S LSD, ABS etc
86 951 white rocket
85 944 sport everything.
84 944 sold.
87 944 sold
gohim  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxiblu

1980 931 came with four bolt wheels, and front discs with rear drums. Four wheel disc brakes were an option, and would have been the same as the standard four wheel disc brakes from an 82 or later 931.

If you have rear drum brakes you can't use the same rebuilt kits or the front calipers as four wheel disc brake cars, because your front calipers are smaller than the five bolt front calipers.

From what I understand the five-bolt rear calipers from the four wheel disc brake cars use the same size pistons as the front calipers on the cars with front discs and rear drum brakes.

So you should able to use the rebuild kits from a the rear calipers of a four wheel disc brake car on your front calipers.

It is also possible that someone has done a Frankenstein job on your car, and install calipers from a different make of car, or some other sort of conversion.

Does your car have rear disc brakes? I suspect that if you take a good look, you are going to find that your car has the original disc/drum brake front calipers, and if you have rear discs, then you are going to find spacers that convert from four bolt to five bolt pattern on the front.

Or you have four to five bolt spacer converters on the front and rear, and you still have the original small front calipers, and rear drum brakes.
MikeJinCO  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure that you get the solid brake lines from the trailing arm to the caliper. I didn't so I contacted Porsche and at the time(May 2017) they only had one left one in stock and it was about $180. I make my on using Cu-Ni 3/16 brake tube which is quite bendable by hand and an Eastwood brake flare tool.

'67 MG Midget Dp
'71 Ocelot Dsr Kawasaki 1000(under rebuild)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: