Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

BURN IN HELL.... YOU ^&*($#^&(@)(*$@)*()@#*()*&(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leadfoot  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: BURN IN HELL.... YOU ^&*($#^&(@)(*$@)*()@#*()*&( Reply with quote

Dear ^*(#@&*)())(&#@&^@*&

Thanks for stealing the second camshaft I had sent over from the states....
You are herby cursed for the rest of your life and will die a slow and extremely painful death....
P.S thanks for sending me the empty box, I will keep it as a momento of how much pain I know your in...
regards
Leadfoot...

Yes the second camshaft had dissapeared... the first courtesy of Moones924 (1 of 3 packages) never showed up... I got the head and manifold though...
The second courtesy of Nemesis turned up as an empty box... someone had sliced the clear plastic packaging at one end and taped it up with two pieces of brown packing tape, dodgily at best.... the weight was nowhere near the calculated rate printed on the postage invoice... and as soon as I had the package in my hands I knew someone had done it to me again....
What's more the generosity of the two people who went out of their way to send me these parts...
We have someone in either customs or australia post who is a raving theif.... and there is no way that person could even tell what car the cam would have come out of... It was sent express post too which is registered mail...
I have lodged a complaint, ace... like that's going to do $&^% all,
I am just venting now... not sure anything else will help as I'm too pissed off...
sorry to take up valuble server space....
Leadfoot again
Raceboy  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, that must be frustrating!
You're doing the right thing, investigate this and find this a**hole!
'78 924 Carrera GT replica
'91 944 S2, sold
'82 924S/931 "Gulf", sold
'84 924, turbocharged, sold.
http://www.facebook.com/vemsporsche
steeny  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh man, thats shithouse. I hope they can do something about it. was it insured as well as registered?
leadfoot  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Money isn't the issue...
I've had two people spend their time helping me pulling apart engines and packaging, I've wasted my time waiting for the packages to arrive and some a.hole is probably doing the same thing to a few other people right now...
but yes there is an automatic insurance coverage and there was a witness at the post office where I opened the package that has testified as to the contents being missing...
I hope they catch the person responsible.
Leadfoot
NEMESIS  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now isn't this just great!

They don't call angry bloodthirsty fits of rage "going postal" for nothing I guess. Doesn't matter if you work for them or if you are just a customer, the postal service makes you want to walk into a room full of people and open fire.

By the way, I never, ever use brown packing tape, only clear so I can confirm that your package was indeed tampered with from that standpoint. I swear to God I did not send you an empty box just to piss you off, or to steal your money! If I knew you better I may have done that just to be funny, but another package would have shown up the next day with a camshaft in it.

As for the insurance, I'm famous for insuring things for their cost NEW, so I probably insured that camshaft for $300+ in case we had to get you a new one from Integral. I'm not home so I can't check the receipt, but it should be in the system. Of course filing a claim with these guys is a pain and requires snail mail forms, and proof of value bla bla bla. I'll work on my end.

First things first, you need a bloody camshaft, then we'll worry about making them pay up. Seriously Leadfoot, I am pretty sure I have another good camshaft lying about. I'll send it out UPS or something where they pay their workers enough so that they don't go looting the shipments to make spare change.
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a spare as well, although it looks to have been welded & reground.

Lemme know if I can help.

rasta

PS Anyone else reminded of that Johnny Cash song, "One Piece at a Time?"
  • Weiße Scheiße (1987 924S) - In Progress
tj924  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the camshaft was sent over via USPS, I'm not surprised it went missing. Actually I am surprised you even got an empty box!

I've had 2 sets of stock rims never arrive & I know Ozzie had 1 set of 4-bolt spiderwebs never arrive. Replacements send via UPS arrived as expected.

Lesson for me was to NEVER use USPS, even if the postage is significantly cheaper.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: