Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

there's a snake in my 931
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cs  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this isn't a technical or really informative post but it is an interesting story and i could use any advice. i just pushed my 931 into the garage the other night and jacked it up and was getting everything ready to put the turbo back on, which for me was taking half the suspension off so i'd have enough room to move. well anyways, this morning i go out there to finish up, and when i raise the hood and there is nothing else but a snake lying right on top of the engine. looks like it could be a copper head, didn't get a good enough look at the eyes to see. well after blasting the car stereo to scare the snake away just like the forestry guy said to do, i go back out there and it's lying right on top of my manifold, probably laughing at me by now. now considering i need my car back on the road this week, i could really use for the snake to vacate, but it won't. any suggestions.
Rick MacLaren  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're an American, right? Shoot it.
wdb  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all snakes are stone deaf literally,they cant hear anything,natha,zilch,nothing.if you run it off with a stick or garden hose,it might show up elsewhere.
larso  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run the engine. Torchure it. ####. I hate snakes.
larso  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

remember to disconnect the two rad cooling fans.
924RACR  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody got a Mongoose for rent? LOL

Maybe you should adopt the snake... what kind is it? Hell, you should probably be glad it's there keeping mice and moles out of your lawn and, more importantly, your uphoulstery!

Any pics?

Can you see a Porsche/VW part number on it?

'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
cs  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've got the starter disconnected so i can't run it off that way. i am glad it's keeping th mice away, but it's also keeping me away from putting the turbo on. and as far as the part number goes, i believe it can be traced back to an amc.
kenchuk  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand your pain. Got a small family of squirrels living in my 81 N/A where it's parked at my grandparents Mabye your snake could eat my squirrels and then we'll do something to your snake (don't tread on me?)

Ken
eturbo924  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get rid of the snake. I guess it matters if you want to kill it or not. You could get some of those bug fogers and kill it that way. Close everything except on exit. Place a few of the fogers and activate them. Then get out. I guess it depends on how large your garage is. If you use a bunch of the fogers (and get out of the garage yourself duh) it should kill the snake and or drive it our of the garage. At the same time you will kill all the other bugs that are around.

Of course you could always call animal control and see if they will come out and remove the snake for you. Also... ever thought of just using a big stick.. ha ha

Good luck.

Eric
Mannghi  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that this is the Universe's subtle way of telling you to take some time off from the car. In an old testament sort of way.
AppleBit  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That last post was good

Is this snake dangerous at all? I don't get snakes too often up here in Minnesota... something about the weather...

Ohh, how big is this snake? Get some pictures! That would be cool!!

If nothing else, you could lure it out with a girl snake. Just make sure the girl snake wears something nice.... She'll take care of him for you

Porsche 924 Wide Body LS1 Corvette 500 Horsepower Engine
Mike B  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the big stick idea...
Rick MacLaren  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never put my snake anywhere near a hot engine...
Mannghi  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you have a 924 Cobra. Carrol Shelby eat your heart out.
Paul T.  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torch the little bastard!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: