Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

TPS sensor,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hugo  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject: TPS sensor, Reply with quote

I'm working on the megasquirt conversion. With installing the tps sensor, i installed a 944 sensor, wich i was told was variabel. well i know now that its not. MS was not very happy with this sensor, fumbled up all the sensor data. Does anybody know if there is a variabel sensor wich has the same size hole for the connecting rod to go into? Gm part maybe?
Darin81T  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used a TPS from a Nissan. It took the same size shaft, but had different spacing on the attachment holes. To remedy this, I simply cut the mounting plate from my porsche TPS and bolted it to the mounting plate on the Nissan TPS, then bolted that hole assembly to the throttle body.

I also pulled the TPS from a junked BMW and it took the same size shaft as well, but it wasn't variable. So if you can find any Bosch or Nissan TPS it should work. Try hitting up the junkyard and bring a multimeter to check that its a potentiometer type TPS.

Later,
Darin Flynn
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Kenodog  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guys in Aus say that you can use one from an '80's Nissan Pulsar.
1996 Ford E-350 ex-FedEx Van
2014 Mazda CX-5 (Kinderwagon)
2019 KTM 790 Adventure
2024 KLX300
2024 KLX140
Hugo  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that a pulsar is called a nissan sunny in europe, do you know what engine?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: