Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

924 Gas Tank interchange

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Faust  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2001 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gas tank in my '78 is a lump of rust. My local junkie has an '81, will it fit? How about the fuel pump while I am at it? Tom Faust
Joes924  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2001 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took mine out and resealed it when it was 1 sr bought rust ruined a fuel distib. a few injectors and 2 trips to the car clinic for big spending to find it was tank rust...
it shoud fit its a easy job really
Vince Ponz  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2001 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our cars are at the most 25 years old.
Use up most of the gas in the tank.
Avoid a lot of trouble and do the following. Remove the sending unit on top of the gas tank. Remove the intank or other fuel pump at the bottom of the gas tank. Remember to catch the gas coming out. You will notice rust settling to the bottom of the container. Strain the gas very well and pour it back in the gas tank and reflush the tank. I did this about 3 times and netted about 2 cup fulls of rust. Replace the sending unit and the pump and at least you cleaned as much as you could and can rest a little easier. Caution Do this outside and do not smoke or drink. Drinking makes us do stupid things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: