Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Tire kickers on Parts For Sale /Wanted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only been a member for a short time and have noticed alot of tire kickers. People who Email you saying they want parts ,but then fail to make final deals. Then there are the people looking for parts and they get upteen responses and seldom respond to them. I think I am realizing why the 924 is called "the poor mans porsche". I have responded to several posts telling the postee that I would give them the part they are looking for (as I have seen others) and the postee can't be bothered to answer. I love to help people out ,but if I take the time to respond to a post I feel I deserve a thanks, but no thanks. I am sure I am not alone here.
Rick MacLaren  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam I've been on both ends of this stick. When we're selling or buying anything, it's not like we want to screw or be screwed by anyone - so everyone is pretty cautious. I take offers to buy, or sell, with a grain of salt. I've still bought and sold parts here successfully. Ya just have to be patient and allow some tires to be kicked along the way.
eturbo924  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patience is important
I have purchased many parts from members of this list. Bob, John, Jay and others. Thank you all. Hey not every responce can always be answered. This does not mean that the person is evil. They may have been out of the office or had a family death or some thing. You have no way to know. If they do not answer then they likely purchased some thing else or figured the time has laped to much and the deal was not longer good. Who knows.

Hope I did not do this to you. If so I am sorry but it happens to everyone.

Eric
AppleBit  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is also the internet where we communicate over international borders (sp?) and I have inquired about certain parts to different people to only realize the cost involved of shipping.

I don't normally buy many used parts but there are those that are more willing. I find the cost for a used part is not worth it 95% of the time because a new part is double and can be purchased locally.

I don't mind selling my parts- and I have a lot I should sell- but I am going to liquidate these because I don't want them and they are best for anyone else that would.

I do wish you the best in your Porsche experience. I just read an article on the PCA website that people get the idea that Porsche owners are not stingy...

I can be sometimes.......

Hey! Only sometimes!!!

- Jon

Porsche 924 Wide Body LS1 Corvette 500 Horsepower Engine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: