Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

What to pay for a revised turbocharger??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hugo  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: What to pay for a revised turbocharger?? Reply with quote

Well, What should I pay for a revised charger??? fixing my old one is astemated between 300 and 500 euro's, exhaust turbinewheel is shot to sh.. and barings are not exellent (not having mentioned the broken off bolts, wich always do!, almost impossible to remove). Nice surprise when removing wastegate for inspection, I don't know what they ask for a new wastegate in the US but over here a whopping 1450 euro's, wich i'm not going to pay by the way. nice to have friends who can work a machine shop!!
Kenodog  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Vancouver Canada and just had my turbo professionally rebuilt.It cost me $800 Cdn and this included a new exhaust wheel and a new exhaust side housing.As for a wastegate I have an extra one in good condition that you can have for cheap.Let me know via PM if you're interested,Leigh.
2008 GS500
2016 DR650
2019 KTM 790 Adventure
CMXXXI  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been several months to a year since I really followed the "going rate" for a turbo, but at that time it was around $250-550 US for a full rebuild and balance depending on what parts might be needed to fix it. I had one redone over a year ago that was completely siezed up and it cost me $535 US. Repair kits can be found for about $100 US, but depending on what the unit really needs, the kit may or may not solve the problem. Turbos on e-Bay have been anywhere from $100-300, but you never know what shape the thing will be in when you get it. As always with the prices, there may be good deals and there may be bad deals ... YMMV.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: