Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

1982 CARRERA GT REPLICA ON EBAY, AGAIN & AGAIN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaxrepo  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: 1982 CARRERA GT REPLICA ON EBAY, AGAIN & AGAIN Reply with quote

Hi Group: The name is Dick Price & I just joined your group. I am also the last winning bidder on this car. Did not conclude the deal due to gross misrepresentation on part of seller. I got tipped by one of the group members. Then, I did a AUTOCHECK on the car & the last verifiable mileage on the vehicle, as per Delaware DMV was 143,879 on 8/25/2000. The car was registered for the next two years (Delaware DMV), so the "sitting in a garage for years because repair bill was unpaid" story kinda does not hold water. I knew from the vin# that it was not a Carrera GT. This dude is seriously obnoxious to deal with. Upon reviewing his feedback, which is heavily padded by "shills" or himself using other EBAY ID numbers, I must wonder ... how does one with 140+ transactions accumulate about 220 positive feedback entries. I think we know why this guy encounters so many deadbeat bidders. Now it is a private auction - he does not want anyone alerting the next winner to the facts!! Lastly, how do you like his ability to spell. My off-post email is jaxrepo@bellsouth.net.
88 924S Parts car

Web site at www.jaxrepo.com - 944/924 parts.
mrgtturbo  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tink he spels god.
Seein u did not by tha car, kan u hoook me up wid it?

Just kidding.

From what I've been seeing here, (and watching ebay all the time anyway), seems that car has been up on the block along time.

I just can't help but wonder why Ebay doesn't just cut him off?
wdb  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgtturbo wrote:
I just can't help but wonder why Ebay doesn't just cut him off?
yeah really , ebay banned me for non paying . I bid some small parts , and when the sellers didnt like the price they got ,they told me shipping would be 25-35 dollars for $5 dollar items , I told the sellers I am NOT paying $40 ,the only reason I bid was because it was cheap , if you wanted more you should have set the bidding to start at what you wanted . ebay said you should have ask the shipping price before bidding and canned me . the seller held my account over a barrel , your gonna pay me what I want , or I'll get you kickedoff ebay . I refused and got booted .man i was pissed
mrgtturbo  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No kidding.
I guess I've been lucky so far.
I've paid some unreal shipping costs, but nothing by surprize. All the unreasonable shipping prices I've goten, I knew I was going to have to pay if I won... and I think those high shipping costs are what kept people from bidding.
So it was worth it in the end.
I am still watching the mail for a poster I won about 40 days ago.
If it doesn't show, this will be my first bad experiance, unless you count recieveing a 1/36 scale diecast car that had untold damage, But with shipping I paid only like $3- So I said nothing and left no feedback.
Vince Ponz  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed this guy and gave him so facts to go by. He told me that the heading said Replica. I told him he claims it is a ex Porsche race car. I told him to check the vin number. In 82 I don't think Porsche was racing 924s. I may be wrong.

He told me to go suck a c...
I emailed him back with some things to look for if he thought it was a real GT. I also told him that I would follow his instructions only if he had one.

Kids........
88 924S SE
87 911 Targa stock
mrgtturbo  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince Ponz wrote:
He told me to go suck a c...
I emailed him back with some things to look for if he thought it was a real GT. I also told him that I would follow his instructions only if he had one.

Hoefully he does email you back with a photo of it.
After all this guy sound top be all about class.
John Brown  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone with an EBAY account should at least go through the motions and advise them of this situation. Perhaps the EBAY management will demonstrate good business ethics and take some action. On the other hand, I am more and more hearing bad things about EBAY and PayPal.

I searched in vain for a way to send an email to someone at EBAY. Near as can determine unless I am an EBAY member there is not way for me to contact them except for a snailmail address I finally found. All other 'contact' links eventually require an Ebay account!! Which alone I find more than a little distressing. Possibly indicative of the poor practices of the Ebay Management.

Private auction!?? I saw that and could only wonder. Also, reading the Ebay policies they only slightly touch upon misrepresentation as a violation of policy.

I am not an Ebay denizon. It appears to me that not very much sold is at an attractive price and the concept has been almost entirely pre-empted by professional and commercial sellers.
80 931 - #931 44Cup
99 Escalade - tows track cars
gone but not forgotten: original 924.org car - 82
Vince Ponz  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

Forward the ebay address. I need it for a different reason.

Vince
88 924S SE
87 911 Targa stock
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: