Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

swaping the heads

View previous topic :: View next topic  
16 w/porsche931  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2001 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was wondering if the 924 n/a head would swap onto a 931. the only differences that i have been able to find are the stainless steal valves and the spark plugs are on the other side. so you could tap new plug holes on other side. if it fits the only issue i see is is it a problem to run n/a valve that are not stainless. Porsche must have had a reason. (i need a 931 head) thanks nate
cs  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2001 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the na head lacks the combustion chamber of the turbo head, which would give you high compression. also, the na head doesn't flow near as well as the turbo head. the intake manifold has a slightly different bolt pattern. but as far as bolting up, that it does. though most people who swap heads put the turbo head on the na.
16 w/porsche931  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2001 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info. i finnaly found myself a head so i don't have to think about any other options. thanks a bunch, nate
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech. All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: