Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Wheel dimensions for a 4 bolt rim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil924  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 6:58 am    Post subject: Wheel dimensions for a 4 bolt rim Reply with quote

I looked it up and it says: 4 x 108. the 108 is mm? and it's measured from bolt hole to bolt hole up and down? Whereas 5 bolt was 5 x 130 mm and it was across as you would tighten them. So I asked around and these rims are hard to come by. Anyone has a good source? Or is a 5 bolt upgrade comming sooner than I think? Thanks, boys.
CMXXXI  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I understand, the bolt pattern (sizing) is pretty unique to Porsche. From what I've read here on the Board, the big problem with getting rims from other P cars for our 924/944 is the rim's offset. Different year models have different offsets, and our cars are different than other Porsche models' offsets. There are a fair amount of styles in OEM rims, and some aftermarket sources, but your run-of-the-mill rims mass produced for the Big Three and other major European & Asian cars just aren't going to fit.

Do an archive search, and you will turn up lots of info about the subject, as well as some sources for rims. The trick is to keep it organized and sort through it.
Neil924  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
Doodle  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had read that 4 bolt Mustang wheels will fit our cars, so one day when I was working on my wife's 84 Mustang I gave it a try. I can only confirm at this point that the bolt patterns do match up. Don't know about offset issues as I didn't have the front calipers installed on the 924. This knowledge opens up a whole new potential venue for wheel designs if you're not interested in strictly OEM as there are many different aftermarket manufacturers' of wheels for the Mustang's, Taurus's etc.
Neil924  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will look into it. But I don't really want mustang wheels. I didn't use a capital M for a reason. I have had poor experiences in stangs. And don't want 'em near me. A little babyish, yes but it's the way things go.
Lizard  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 5 bolt is yes 5x 130mm which is specific to P cars, however the 4 bolt is 4x108mm and I think some of the 4 wheel audi and other things like that used it, and yes early like 79 + wheels will fit
Neil924  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find any parts cars near me. What new rims would fit on 4 bolt and 5 bolt? Not many, huh?
Lizard  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any tire store in the area should be able to get rims with that spec, just let them know the spec, you may have a different offset as you have the flairs though, and the 5 bolt is specific to to p cars as stated, but they should be able to get rims with the 5x 130mm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: