Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Anyone in the AREA??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If any one in CT is in the Branford guilford Clinton area or anyone who wants to travel to here. I have found 2 Porsches for sale. One is a 86 928S 330hp. It looks like it is in good shape. And the other that is hidden away behind a body shop is a 924 not sure on year. I was driving around and came across it. Looks like its been sitting for a while needs lots of work. needs New windows, Body work on front Lots of TLC. Engine is there and looks ok. Not sure if it runs or anything else it has all its wheels. Looks like something you could get real cheap. And If you really love Porsches then this could be for you but it does need lots of work but may be a good start for a Mod 924.
eturbo924  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave
What is the vin number of the 924?
What is the work it needs on the body?
What wheels did it have 4 bolt or 5 bolt?

Did you talk to owner or just read a description on the 928S?

Any idea on prices? Oh and what colors?

Thanks
Eric
Ma.
http://www.geocities.com/eturbo924
Dave  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt get the vin number for the 924 but I will go back tonight. I didnt see if it was 4 or 5 but agian I will look tonight. Its just thrown in the back of a body shop with weeds and stuff on it. The front looks kinda smashed up and the front window is smashed. It is tan. In price Im talking like realy cheap like 200-500 bucks but thats just based on the condition of the car. I will check it out more tonight and write you back. As far as the 928S I went and looked at the car its on rout 1 in I think clinton. Its a dark purple. It had a discreption on it. It said it had new brakes and belts and that it had 330hp. I will also check it out agian tonight and let you know whats up.
eturbo924  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave
Did you take your car to LimeRock Renn sport reunion? Did I already ask you that?
What does your car look like? Is it on my site under the Renn Sport section?

Eric
Dave  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 928S wasnt there tonight. And There where people hanging around the body shop so I didnt want to go snopping around but I will try agian tomorrow. No I didnt take my porsche there. I havent taken it to any events yet but I hope soon that will change. My car is a 1987 924S, Gaurds Red, Black interior with the Seats that say Porsche all over them. It only has 75,000 miles on the car and about 8,500 or so on the engine. It has slotted disks all around, Red brake calipers. Stock wheels but I want to put the boxster 17" wheels on it. And its in pretty good condition. The bumper has a dent in it and the front valence is a little bent and chiped but I got the car like that. I hope soon I will be able to fix that. The dash has some minor cracks in it. I need to get some pics so I can show people. But if you have any other ??? then let me know and I will se IF I can answere them.
eturbo924  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What bumper is dented? The front aluminum bumper? I think one of my local salvage guys might have a red one if you are interested?

The 924 that you are looking at. Important thing is the VIN like I said, and wheels. Take note of the air ventelation controls.... do they look like your 924S. If so this is one of the last 924s (standard) built.

Do you plan to auto-x your 924S at some point?

Dave  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will check out the the 924 for you soon. I have been really busy sorry. The front bumper on my 924S I think its steel it has the blinkers in it and stuff. In the middle of that there is a big bend. If you can find one it would be cool. It doesnt have to be red I can paint it. I would like to do everything I can do with my Porsche in the porsche clubs. What is the most fun and exciting. Ithink that Lime Rock looks like tons of fun. What kinda Porsche do you have. Where are you located.
eturbo924  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will check on the bumper... it is aluminum by the way. I know one of the guys that I buy parts from had a red 924S that he was parting. I will see what he will sell the entire bumper assembly for... that way you can just unbolt yours and put the other one on.

I own a 1982 924. I hope to get another 924... maybe an S or a 931.... Still looking for the right car.

Check out my car at http://www.geocities.com/eturbo924
Diesel  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Ellington and I could use another 924 parts car. I'll take it if no one else wants it!
eturbo924  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave I sent you an e-mail, but wanted to post this $50 for the red bumper... how is that? I could get it for you. Check out your e-mail.

Eric

Anyone else need body parts that could come off a 924S or 944 let me know.
Jim Mckenna is good source as well as Gregg Ismel ... Gregg has the bumper for $50.
Dave  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool I sent a e-mail to you about that. I will keep in touch IF I need body parts. HUMMMMMMm mybe I should make my car into a 944. (just a thought)
eturbo924  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know they both sell fenders and hoods and such so a conversion is posible, but why not just get a 944 then? Also they both have the 944 brakes. Anyone interested contact.
Jim 978 - 697-5621
Greg 508 - 269 - 6420
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: