Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

NY & DC
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AppleBit  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is not a Porsche topic, but please pray for all those involved in the NY & DC attack today.

I think I can say for everyone that anyone effected by this will be thought about by all the members of this message board.

Porsche 924 Wide Body LS1 Corvette 500 Horsepower Engine
dwak  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Canadian cousin and a former NYSE player, my heartfelt condolence to America and those directly affected by this despicable act.
Dan Wakelin/dwak
John H  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While those of us in New Zealand and Aussie are not directly affected by the acts in NY and DC I wonder what sort of F*** wit can carry out this sort of act.
I know it sounds like and eye for an eye but I hope the people responsible for this are caught and made to pay.

I feel really sorry for the families of those affected.
AppleBit  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well our heart thanks to all the other countries and people that go to support our nation in this time of need.

Thankfully Canada did accept all our international flights and an appreciation goes out to Canada for this...

- Jon

Porsche 924 Wide Body LS1 Corvette 500 Horsepower Engine
Mike B  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Words can NOT describe this cowardly act of terrorism...I can't begin to understand the pain the of the families involved...In additon to the countless innocent victims I, as peace officer, feel profound grief for the Firefighters and Police Officers who gave their lifes in the line of duty...

I say this with all the conviction I have said anything in my life..." I sincerely pray that justice will be swift and FINAL"...Nothing else is acceptable.
924RACR  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An eye for an eye it surely is, the terrorists have escaped our notice and retribution for far too long by operating outside our borders... like the Japanese of 50 years ago, they have made the fatal mistake and awakened the sleeping giant, and there will no longer be any confusion about what Americans want - their heads on poles! The full weight of US power will be brought to bear to exact revenge, with full and complete support of the US public.

Crude and medieval it may be, but nothing less would be appropriate for monsters living daily by social and religous codes left over from those times.

That's my $0.02, as an American and a Canadian.

'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
Dave  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God DAM IT!!!!! We are the United States this isnt right. Thousands of people died for no reason today..... I cant believe they knocked it down The American pride was hurt badly and I hope that who ever is responsable for these Pussy ass acts of terror will pay with everything they have. I want to take there souls!!! America will rise even more powerful then it ever was. I hope bush takes out all his big guns and shows what we are capable of doing to those who try to take away FREEDOME AND THE AMERICAN WAY. I am full of rage with these Middle east people.
kevrl  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shock, rage and Anger throughout the UK about what those Bastards have done to the US, this is an attack against the whole of the Western world and our way of life. I hope you make them pay, and I hope UK helps

Our sympathies and thoughts are with the American People.

Kevin
eturbo924  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I as well as all Americans give thanks for all the support from around the world. These cowards must be severely punished!

The thing is this..... WE as Americans must contact our representatives and tell them we want to RELEASE THE HOUNDS OF WAR! Forget about deplomicy (sp?) These people are posibley being harbored by countrys and these countries either give them up or get their as--s kicked along with the responsible parties!

This can never happen anywhere again. The free world must come together and erradicate this foe!

Pray for all those who are dead and dying. 6 of the brave soles that went into the building have been saved! 5 fire fighters and 1 police man. I only hope there are many more.

Eric
eturbo924  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is where you go to contact your reps in order to tell our reps that what you want them to do. You voted for them... put them to work. It is time to hunt these people down and exterminate them.

http://www.house.gov/writerep/
eturbo924  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read...

"Subject: The United States.....

THE UNITED STATES
This, from a Canadian newspaper, is worth sharing.
America: The Good Neighbor.
Widespread but only partial news coverage was given recently to a remarkable editorial broadcast from Toronto by Gordon Sinclair, a Canadian television commentator. What follows is the full text of his trenchant remarks as printed in the Congressional Record:

"This Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the Americans as the most generous and possibly the least appreciated people on all the earth.

Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy were lifted out of the debris of war by the Americans who poured in billions of dollars and forgave other billions in debts. None of these countries is today paying even the interest on its remaining debts to the United States.

When France was in danger of collapsing in 1956, it was the Americans who propped it up, and their reward was to be insulted and swindled on the streets of Paris. I was there. I saw it.

When earthquakes hit distant cities, it is the United States that hurries in to help. This spring, 59 American communities were flattened by tornadoes. Nobody helped.

The Marshall Plan and the Truman Policy pumped billions of dollars! into discouraged countries. Now newspapers in those countries are writing about the decadent, warmongering Americans.

I'd like to see just one of those countries that is gloating over the erosion of the United States dollar build its own airplane. Does any other country in the world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo Jet, the Lockheed Tri-Star, or the Douglas DC10? If so, why don't they fly them? Why do all the International lines except Russia fly American Planes?

Why does no other land on earth even consider putting a man or woman on the moon? You talk about Japanese technocracy, and you get radios. You talk about German technocracy, and you get automobiles.

You talk about American technocracy, and you find men on the moon -! not once, but several times - and safely home again.

You talk about scandals, and the Americans put theirs right in the store window for everybody to look at. Even their draft-dodgers are not pursued and hounded. They are here on our streets, and most of them, unless they are breaking Canadian laws, are getting American dollars from ma and pa at home to spend here.

When the railways of France, Germany and India were breaking down through age, it was the Americans who rebuilt them. When the Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central went broke, nobody loaned them an old caboose. Both are still broke.

I can name you 5000 times when the Americans raced to the help of other people in trouble. Can you name me even one time when someone else raced to the Americans in trouble? I don't think there was outside help even during the San Francisco earthquake.

Our neighbors have faced it alone, and I'm one Canadian who is damned tired of hearing them get kicked around. They will come out of this thing with their flag high. And when they do, they are entitled to thumb their nose at the lands that are gloating over their present troubles. I hope Canada is not one of those."

Stand proud, America!

This is one of the best editorials that I have ever read regarding the United States. It is nice that one man realizes it. I only wish that the rest of the world would realize it. We are always blamed for everything and never even get a thank you for the things we do.

I would hope that each of you would send this to as many people as you can and emphasize that they should send it to as many of their friends until this letter is sent to every person on the web. I am just a single American that has read this.

I SURE HOPE THAT A LOT MORE READ IT SOON."
numbers  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know guys, I just happen to be in the DC area on business and was watching the tube in the hotel as this thing came down. People here are just totally shocked. Like all people, we tend to judge the rest of the world by our standards. But, many cultures do not live by the ethical and social standards of the Western world. It takes an event like this to bring to our attention dispicable some people can be. Maybe some day the middle east will come into the real world. But for now, they are stuck in a 15th century mentality that causes them to commit satanical acts against the rest of society. And they are doing this with the money that we pay them for the oil that fuels our Porsches. I don't care what your environmental views are. This is the perfect example of why we must develop the reserves in the free world, and stop feeding money into the mideast countries. It looks like I may be here for a few more days, until the airports open and I can get back to my family in Colorado. That bothers me, but think of all of the families that will never have their loved ones return because of this senseless act. I say the hell with an eye for an eye, I want two eyes for this one.
larso  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justice must be served.

Alberta business will be booming because we have a lot of oil, it's just not sweet oil like it is in arab countries, but now people will have to buy sour oil from countries.

Buy into the correct oil/gas stocks at a time like this when the markets are low and you will make a lot of money.

I think planes should have gaurds in them and we should have airports with an army on teh runway watching every plane and ready to take action just like the swiss.

I sure hope Canada wasn't the reason these immigrants got into the USA because of our very unstrict rules of allowing foreigners in.

The one positive thing about this whole situation is that USA will smarten up with security and will be a safer place, and also there will a lot less terrorist acts after USA/britain/france/germany/allies blows up that little #### country who did this.
We also know that 99 percent of the world is with USA (i think 99 poercent, not sure), they are with them in fighting for freedom and are all against the minority, terrorists. It isn't as if Russia or Germany is against the idea of taking out the terrorists, they are all with us, so we have a big majority that will wipe out a small minority.

Lars.
Dave  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHOW THE PRIDE, WAVE THE THE FLAG. I drove around in my porsche today with a good sized AMERICAN FLAG sticking out the sunroof. I had lots of people cheering aand stuff. If you have a USA flag then Hang it from your house or from your car. Show the pride, wave the flag!!
eturbo924  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what I have been telling everyone I know. Wave that FLAG!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: