Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Porsche 924

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edd1em  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The name Porsche means alot to some people, a dealer ship gave me 2,500 grand for down payment on a 97 Jetta GT which is 10k, minus the downpayment, is 7,500. Muahahaha I wouldnt buy my porsche for more than $400
924Kid  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 letters: LMAO ROTF!
good job
cs  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what year and what condition was your 924. and why can't i do that.
bacook  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll sell you mine for $2200! what a steal!

kaffine krazed  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't really surprise me. Think how much money the dealer is making selling you the Jetta losing money on the trade in isn't that big of a deal. They most likely bought the car at auction for less than 6K so they are still making money.

There is a used car dealer here that runs promtoins all the time giving you 2k for any trade in it doesn't matter if you have to drive it, push it, drag it, have it towed to get it to them.
larso  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they all have blue books, this guy doesn't?

larso  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why the hell would you want a 97 jetta?????

how about a winnebago ??? jeezuz.
edd1em  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetta GT
eturbo924  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They just marked the trade up for their tax purposes. Like some one else said they likely still make a good amount of money due to the price they paid at auction for the VW.

What year was your 924?

Eric
larso  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetta GT, that's like saying "a good looking fat girl"
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooooooh Lars, that's being a bit harsh. Did you have a bad experience in a Jetta once (whatever a Jetta is) :lol
kevrl  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetta = Golf (Rabbit) with a boot (Trunk), Lars, its a good looking fat girl with a Giant fat Butt

Actually I quite like them (Jetta's) not good looking fat girls
edd1em  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2001 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I havent posted here in a while, I have been too busy burning 924s. Sure the car is a bit big in the ass, but I have a car where everything works (including the car lighter lars). Only complaint I have is that is a front wheel drive car and the power assisted steering is a bit too easy, other than that: manu car alarm, cd changer 6 speakers, got it up to 130(how many of you can say that without heavy mods?) and it still pulls way up there 5th gear 4000 rpm (yes its a stick). Automatic sun/moon roof, doesnt look like a rx7 and the chicks dig it. I loved my 924, but a great deal is still a great deal. Oh, did I mention cruise control? Or how about pirrely on all 4 corners or disc breaks on all 4 corners? And all this stock, what if I put a turbo kit on it? muahahahaha
edd1em  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2001 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all of you who think your car cant get any money at the dealer, try to negotiate without the dealer actually seeing the car, base it on the name porsche (which is the strongest point of this car, if it wasnt a porsche this board would not be here). Dealers make plenty of money, so if you dont bargain with them, youre just giving them money. They can sell ANY car for 1k, now if its a car which is rare or the parts are expensive, the car can be worth a lot. My body and interior were terrible, Cracked dash, seat tears, seats coming apart, someone hit me in the back. But because my drivetrain is in good condition, due to the fact that I concentrated most on it, they gave me some money, empahsize the fact that its a porsche and the parts are expensive. Eddie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: