Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Advice on free photo hosting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian L.  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:28 am    Post subject: Advice on free photo hosting Reply with quote

Want to post some pictures and need to choose photo hosting website. I had an old flicker account that I can't get into but before trying to set up a new account I thought I would ask the people smarter than me for some input. My old flicker account was last used in 2013 and I would primarily just use for posting here (minimal use). I'm considering the following:
Google photos
Imgur
Flickr
Wix (they make good oil filters, haha)

I read that Google photos is handy if you already have Gmail (I do).
Any input would be much appreciated!
ideola  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Google discontinued PicasaWeb and forced everyone over to Google Photos, they broke the image sharing option for older versions of PHPBB (the software that this forum runs on) because the "get link" sharing option does not end in a required file extension for the forum to know how to render the link as an image. So as much as I prefer Google, it won't work for hosting files for this forum.
Cedric  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use IMGBB. com sometimes,maybe not the best solution to keep track of lots of pics. But it works, it would be nice with a built in pic upload like most of the phpbb boards have nowdays, but that would take some work, anda few MB of extra disc space.
Brian L.  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:45 pm    Post subject: thanks for the help Reply with quote

So I just decided to go with Flicker. Best choice? Not sure but if I can figure it out then it works for me, I'm not the most computer literate person out there.
I think I've got it figured out!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: