Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Static Timing and Distributor Position Confusion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scm924s  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't know there was another 924 in Glos, perhaps we could meet up via here ,,,https://porsche924.co.uk/
1984 n/a Black - sold
1980 n/a Le Mans#1 - sold
1980 n/a Le Mans#2- sold
1977 Martini - sold
morghen  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a bit of a bodge and some wrong re-ssembly but nothing crazy.
Just check that the hose plugged with that metal rod has no cracks or way to suck in air.
924-UK  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a photo of the correct routing for these air/vacuum pipes as I'd like to get rid of that huge metal rod!

Thanks in advance
924-UK  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

924RACR wrote:
Great news! -4C is not cold! Also, your car's running better.

You're on the right path, and there's a very good chance the thing needs/wants an Italian tune-up, clear the crud out and all. Quite possible the injectors are not spraying entirely well now, too... after all that downtime...

Agree on the Italian tune up! The more I start it and rev it, the better things are getting. It now starts up straight away and is no longer running on 2 or 3 cylinders. I have a seized front brake so can't take it for an actual run just yet.
scm924s  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

924-UK wrote:
Does anyone have a photo of the correct routing for these air/vacuum pipes as I'd like to get rid of that huge metal rod!

Thanks in advance

The correct routing for your car is to connect to the plastic trunking, currently blocked by the metal rod, the connection into the airbox is done away with.

The airbox spigot is normally capped or plugged on later cars.

The question needs to be why someone has gone to the trouble of altering the crankcase vent piping in this way.
1984 n/a Black - sold
1980 n/a Le Mans#2- sold
1977 Martini - sold
924-UK  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scm924s wrote:
924-UK wrote:

Thanks in advance

The correct routing for your car is to connect to the plastic trunking, currently blocked by the metal rod, the connection into the airbox is done away with.

The airbox spigot is normally capped or plugged on later cars.

The question needs to be why someone has gone to the trouble of altering the crankcase vent piping in this way.

Thanks. I'll look into re-routing it and capping off the airbox pipe.
scm924s  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly an apology, I was misled by the annotation on one of your pics which described a connection to the crankcase, which I incorrectly assumed must be the c/c vent pipe. I think this annotation was not correct, it should go the plenum chamber just by the cold start valve.

Having stuck my head under the bonnet for about the first time in about 4 months things are a bit clearer!

The blocked pipe IS the c/c vent pipe which doesn't appear to be connected to anything, The pipes connected to the 3 way plastic Y piece go from the plenum chamber to the large rubber hose on the air flap with a 3rd offshoot to the brake servo. I can't see where your brake servo connection comes from? The c/c vent goes from the underside of the plastic air intake pipe (I think the blocked one in your pic) to the c/c breather.

I don't have the facility to show pics on this forum, but if you PM me your email address, will send some pics across which, hopefully, will make things clearer
1984 n/a Black - sold
1980 n/a Le Mans#2- sold
1977 Martini - sold
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: