Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

1987 924S Color ID - What color is this car?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterk  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:23 am    Post subject: 1987 924S Color ID - What color is this car? Reply with quote

I purchased a 924S from an owner that attempted to do some DIY patches and bondo. I'm going to have to respray most of the car. I can't find a color code on the vehicle though. It should be under the hood, on the driver's side near the windshield I think, but there isn't a sticker there. It looks like there is a mark where the sticker used to be, so I'm guessing it was removed or fell off.

Can anyone identify the color code form these pics?

barnwerks  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be Zermatt Silver. Look for a paper build tag adhered to the inside of the tail panel, between the lights.
morghen  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i also say it is Zermatt Silver. A very rare color and difficult to get right on resprays, so dont go cheap on the respray or you'll never see that warm grey shade again.
peterk  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome responses. Thank you both!

I found the second color tag on the inside of the trunk that confirms it's Zermatt Silver.

I also called the local Porsche dealer, who after looking up my VIN indicated that it was Zermatt Silver. I was exctremely doubtful, as I have a Land Rover that is Zermatt Silver and looks completely different (the Porsche color has a hint of beige/gold/champagne, whereas the Land Rover is more or a straight silver). So I'm guessing that the Zermatt Silver by Porsche is a different color with the same name.

For anyone else looking to find the color tag, here's my second tag in the trunk. Like barnwerks said, it's on the back of the trunk area, on the back wall above the spare tire.

I ordered a quart of base paint from ExpressPaint.com ($115 for 1 quart). Let's hope it's a good match.
https://expresspaint.com/products/zermatt-silver-metallic-for-porsche-porsche-ly7y-l1?variant=31804624371790

Wjcunningham3  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did this turn out? I took a trip to Switzerland last week and was just in Zermatt!
97 Defender D90 - Coniston Green/Gray - #75
Looking for a Nordic Gold 07 Targa 4S
Boxster GTS 4.0 on wait list
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924S Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: