Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

924 turbo 1980 injectors remove refit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wagdog  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:47 pm    Post subject: 924 turbo 1980 injectors remove refit Reply with quote

Trie Rennlist and got little info. Can anyone advise? I think have a fuel blockage in one of the car's injectors. I am about to remove them. They are screw in, unlike the NA 924. . Are there any special precautions to avoid damaging the bakelite sleeves in the manifold? What torque on injector on replacement? I presume the thickness of the copper sealing washers would not be critical? There is very little info in Haynes, just a fuzzy picture of an turbo injector and sleeve.
Thanks Andrew
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing is make sure you use 2 wrenches, one on the injector and one on the line, when taking them off, or reinstalling them, so you don't twist the injector lines, because they will want to..

Might have to use 2 wrenches on the bungs/injectors when taking them out too if the bungs want to spin out when loosening the injectors..

When installing..
I only tighten the bungs a little bit, just a couple ft/lbs, then tighten the injectors a little bit, then use double wrenches to tighten the lines to the injectors..

I don't make them very tight at all really..

And the copper crush washers, I doubt their thickness is critical within about 1mm or so.. No big deal imo..
I have only reused them about 40 times..

They say to always replaces all the crush washers on the CIS lines stuff, but I never have and have never had any leaks on them at all..
I tighten the banjo fittings with crush washers a bit more than I tighten the injectors, but still not all that much.. Just till they hit/stop and then just another good little bump tight..
Just about as much as I would tighten brake lines if not a little bit less..

Definitely things you don't want to overtighten and strip out..
Wagdog  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just what I needed to know. Thank you very much. Andrew
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech. All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: