Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Where in the world can I find brakes for my 924s?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T20A02  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:15 am    Post subject: Where in the world can I find brakes for my 924s? Reply with quote

Recently I pulled the rear wheels off the back of my 87 924s and I found a pretty rusty disaster of brake calipers. My first thought was "oh I better find a set of reman calipers to replace these. On searching I can find just the piston caliper set but not the caliper brackets online anywhere without it being 300$ a caliper. I've looked into replacing the front with 1993 Volvo 240 calipers buy can't find a good alternative to replace the rears besides maby a 944 turbo brembos set? Any ideas or threads to help me out with this? What have other people done?
Thanks guys!
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are just early 944 brakes right?
Early offset 944 and/or 5 lug 924 brakes..
T20A02  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've looked around and I can find much on getting new brackets. I've decided to order new hardware and clean up the brackets with some evapo-rust and buy seal kits and try to extract the busted bleeder screw in the other caliper we'll see how it goes but I'm going to have to hear and drill out the old brake pad retainer puns as they are frozen from the car sitting for Soo long with the previous owner. As for the fronts I think I'm just going to bolt on the fronts out of a Volvo 240 as they should just bolt in with new flex lines and a little trimming of the dust shield. Ill get back and post how it all goes.
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Volvo 240 brakes on my front too.. I think they work pretty good even with stock bias..
Same old lines fit fine and no trimming of anything..

You want to get them for early 90's Volvo 240s with ABS..
Older ones have 2 line inputs that cause another problem, and old ones for non-vented rotors are too narrow to spread the pads out wide enough..

Calipers for no ABS can be modified to work, but that's work and stuff..
(plug one input and drill between cylinders)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: