Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

How the H*ll is everyone ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenodog  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:43 am    Post subject: How the H*ll is everyone ? Reply with quote

'Sup guys, been a while since I've been active here. Browse now and again but it just makes me sad because Olive and Sabine are in non-running condition and I just want to drive them.

Everyone keeping your heads down I hope ?

On a side note, my new motor for Olive is mostly done, just waiting for the shop to do some minor fitting then she's drop-in ready. Once I get it installed there will be a crap load of odds 'n sods to post for sale. Rare stuff, unusual finds, you know me, the parts collector. I am tired of my house looking like the parts section of a dealers warehouse. Once the cars are running I am selling everything not attached to them.
1996 Ford E-350 ex-FedEx Van
2014 Mazda CX-5 (Kinderwagon)
2019 KTM 790 Adventure
2024 KLX300
2024 KLX140
Cedric  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reeeeally want to drive the car so badly, but its still in pieces since the head gasket went last year. Theres many reasons that haven't happened..

Though i worked ALOT on the garage, taking it from chaos to a nice place. So the head is back on my new workbench (alot of storage etc is now in place, many $ later ) now that its actually a nice place to work in.

[img]https://www.bildtagg.se/file/thumb/g3x7b1rcyrwmfgihivem1b[/img]

I hope we will se your cars on the road soon, its been a while!
jazz guy  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to hear from you. Head's down and doing well here, thanks for asking Mr. k-dog. I'm about to go on a major overhaul thrash on the '82 931, so gathering parts. Do you by chance have a set of crank bearings in your stash that could be procured?
Kenodog  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazz guy wrote:
It's good to hear from you. Head's down and doing well here, thanks for asking Mr. k-dog. I'm about to go on a major overhaul thrash on the '82 931, so gathering parts. Do you by chance have a set of crank bearings in your stash that could be procured?

Let me look this weekend. Any particular size ? Standard or + sized OK ?
2019 KTM 790 Adventure
2024 KLX300
2024 KLX140
jazz guy  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenodog wrote:
Standard or + sized OK ?

Right now, I'm thinking standard size. Engine internals look to be in good shape but I haven't verified anything yet. Hopefully I'll have time this weekend (which probably means not until next weekend) to take more measurements. Shoot me a PM when you get a chance to see what you have.
morghen  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to keep the 924 running and operational even with the supercharger kit development and testing, as a matter of fact i used the 924 last evening to drive to the hills, do some rock face climbing and then go for a night swim in the nearby lakes. Thinking of getting a paddle board for an after work summer activity and cool looks of the 924

My Cayman is in pieces tho, one cyl is deeply scratched and needs sleeving...so 7k later it will be a nice car.
924RACR  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:09 pm    Post subject: Modern technology!! Reply with quote

I've been busy busting through the hump of EFI conversion on my 931. Got it running well enough to drive and start working on autotuning, but still no performance improvement over stock as the IC and MBC aren't plumbed in yet.

Sitting around waiting to get the #77 racecar on track, but it's basically ready to go, needing only some minor wiring upgrades. Just hoping that our race schedule doesn't get whittled down any more, since we've lost so many races. At this moment, it's looking like we'll be lucky to get more than one race weekend on each racecar. And I still have to pull the motor and repair the trans on my prototype, after a pretty difficult outing last weekend in testing...

Been spending a fair bit of time actually helping Karl out with the running restoration of his '80 931; it's come along very well, and the car is in good shape, even down to gearbox status/shifting (except first, which always sucks)...
'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
Kenodog  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Vaughn, Morgan.

Nice to see you two still here. Didn't know you had a Cayman Morgan, nice. I've been so busy riding the moto and dealing with two kids that I haven't had much time to wrench. Hopefully once Sabine gets back from my buddy's place with the cage welded in it will motivate me to drop in the basics and get her on the road. Going to be loud, fast and smelly. GF is gonna HATE it lol.
2019 KTM 790 Adventure
2024 KLX300
2024 KLX140
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started mine up for like the 3rd time this summer today, and put the legals on it..

Put a bunch of miles on it and some runs to make sure my tune was still good..
Boost is still fine but cruise needed a bit more fuel..

Still rips..
morghen  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenodog wrote:
Hey Vaughn, Morgan.

Nice to see you two still here. Didn't know you had a Cayman Morgan, nice. I've been so busy riding the moto and dealing with two kids that I haven't had much time to wrench. Hopefully once Sabine gets back from my buddy's place with the cage welded in it will motivate me to drop in the basics and get her on the road. Going to be loud, fast and smelly. GF is gonna HATE it lol.

When the pandemic blows over i'll fly over for a couple of beers and maybe give you a hand with your projects. Glad to hear from you !

Planning a long 924 trip this summer...will make sure i properly document it

I had a Cayman, now just a few boxes of parts and a fancy hen's house
Next week block goes to Germany for overhaul and new sleves like the GT3 have.

Kenodog  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all you happenin' brothers o' mine !

Long time no talk, haven't even ghosted to read Rasta's newbie rants or see Morghen's latest creation, lol. About to get Sabine back from my buddy that has welded in the cage so I'm jumping back into the game bros' !

Hope to be more active in the near months ahead. Just been enjoying time with the kiddos and the new KTM etc. China-Virus is throwing a wrench into things of course. It seems this is the first thing they've made that's actually lasted a whole year....lol.

Glad to be back with y'all !

Li
2019 KTM 790 Adventure
2024 KLX300
2024 KLX140
Glemon  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I am back in the 924 world after a few years of being absent. You might remember you helped me out with a dipstick when I was visiting Vancouver in 2016(ish). It is cold and snowy, and my new to me 924S is ready to go, but the weather is not cooperating, very frustrating. Trying to liven up the forum with some activity, but my projects are a lot less glamorous and ambitious than most of you guys.

Winter is fun enough without social isolation, little projects with the car keep me busy though.
morghen  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenodog wrote:
China-Virus is throwing a wrench into things of course. It seems this is the first thing they've made that's actually lasted a whole year....lol.

Li

Glad to have you back brother.
Cant wait to see that Sabine doing her thing.
I miss driving my 924 as well, haven't driven it in quite a while now.
I'm still working on improving the supercharger kit, quite happy to see some people interested and hyped about it, so china-virus aside not bad times for me. Cayman done and running fine, half way trough the run-in period.
Kenodog  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do remember that, of course ! Yeah man, how time flies....

Was just thinking it's been nearly 20 years since I joined and the people and places have been just awesome. Once travel becomes a thing again I shall resume ! Hopefully to your neck o' the woods, up and down the east coast.

And if I was ambitious I would be driving my 931's, not talking about them ( :
2019 KTM 790 Adventure
2024 KLX300
2024 KLX140
Kenodog  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

morghen wrote:
Kenodog wrote:
China-Virus is throwing a wrench into things of course. It seems this is the first thing they've made that's actually lasted a whole year....lol.

Li

Glad to have you back brother.
Cant wait to see that Sabine doing her thing.
I miss driving my 924 as well, haven't driven it in quite a while now.
I'm still working on improving the supercharger kit, quite happy to see some people interested and hyped about it, so china-virus aside not bad times for me. Cayman done and running fine, half way trough the run-in period.

Oooooh, sexy ! There are a few nice things around here that temp me dearly but damn, then I lose my license. Again. Damn.

You should stop putting money into things there and just get your skinny ass on a boat over here homie, summer is just around the corner....
2019 KTM 790 Adventure
2024 KLX300
2024 KLX140
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: