Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Random WUR thoughts and WTB exhaust manifold

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DZGunner  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:07 am    Post subject: Random WUR thoughts and WTB exhaust manifold Reply with quote

I got my Sebring running last night, and in the process of doing so I hooked up a bunch of known working parts, including a different warm up regulator. I had flash backs of trying to remove the one I was about to put in, and decided for testing purposes that I'd just leave the old one in (connected to nothing) and have the new one just kind of chill on the side. It got me thinking... Why the #### is the WUR located on the BACK lower portion of the intake manifold? Could they really not find a remote location to place it or did they just think "yeah this will really piss off the techs". Is there a particular reason or no? If not, I'm almost inclined to just mount the WUR in an easy to access location and extend the wiring harness to reach it.

On a side note, does anyone have an exhaust manifold (not damaged obviously) they might be willing to sell for cheap? would be for a 1980 NA.
1977 924 (Parts)
safe  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Random WUR thoughts and WTB exhaust manifold Reply with quote

DZGunner wrote:
I got my Sebring running last night, and in the process of doing so I hooked up a bunch of known working parts, including a different warm up regulator. I had flash backs of trying to remove the one I was about to put in, and decided for testing purposes that I'd just leave the old one in (connected to nothing) and have the new one just kind of chill on the side. It got me thinking... Why the #### is the WUR located on the BACK lower portion of the intake manifold? Could they really not find a remote location to place it or did they just think "yeah this will really piss off the techs". Is there a particular reason or no? If not, I'm almost inclined to just mount the WUR in an easy to access location and extend the wiring harness to reach it.

On a side note, does anyone have an exhaust manifold (not damaged obviously) they might be willing to sell for cheap? would be for a 1980 NA.

It has to sit "on the engine" it needs the heat from the engine to function properly.
Mike9311  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find another place with some skill...CarreraRSR did just that here

http://www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?t=34690&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=240
1979 924 NA ohne 650 mit 471
1982 931 Red Resurrection - 951 IC
1982 931 parts car / resurrection?
1980 924 NA (R&D lightweight)
1982 931 wana-be GTR race car
peterld  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did much the same as Steve, some 25 years ago, except that I have the small plate/support welded to #1 intake runner. By going this way you will need to make new fuel lines to the WUR, but this is easily doable with Aeroflow or similar flexible lines.
DZGunner  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up getting a manifold, and thanks for the info guys. I didnt realize it actually had to get heat from the engine itself to work, I figured it was just electrically heated. Is the AAV the same way then or no?
1977 924 (Parts)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: