Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Found me a Weissach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldwolf  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I only have 1 relay in that spot.
1981 Weissach Edition #179
Goldwolf  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to see how bad the dash was, I have dreams of a new one from werk924! Plus it was loose and you could see the silicone underneath.
slowcarfast  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I know this is reaching pretty far back in time, but give us a summary of the engine rebuild. Was it purely stock, or did you do any performance upgrades? From what I've gathered from the forum so far, some improvements can be had for not too much extra $$ with an improved cam, maybe some head porting (debatable?), and increasing CR.
Hank
1981 924 Weissach Ed #187
1971 MG Midget
Goldwolf  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feels like yesterday for me.

I did not look to far into improved performance. My main focus was to get the thing running back in original state.

To me it performs as to what I was expecting, better I think. Just about every part of the drive train has been touched minus the transmission.

New clutch, full rebuild, wur and fuel dizzy rebuilt. New injectors.

Engine, all cylinders were sleeved and original rods and pistons reused. If adding performance I would have wanted new rods, pistons and that is where the engine gets pricey per HP gained. I just didn't want to go that high.
Got a manifold from a user on the board, plus lifters from MikeInJinCO.
Had to use some oversize main bearing as that was all i could find at the time. The work was done buy a shop that races 944's on the side, and he has been in some magazines in the past. I am very pleased with how the car drives.
slowcarfast  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. Honestly it was a bit of an idle question on my part since I'm far from the point of trying to improve the car over factory original. While it's completely driveable, there is deferred maintenance still to take care of. Once that's done and the car is fully sorted I want to get to know the car in stock form. Only then think about "improving".
1981 924 Weissach Ed #187
1971 MG Midget
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: