Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

438 100 005 K-jet distributor connections

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elrok  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject: 438 100 005 K-jet distributor connections Reply with quote

Hi!

I have bought the 438 100 005 K-jet distributor for my 924. The one that you are able to find on the photo:

I know that no:
1,2,3,4 are going into injectors.
6 is fuel supply line
7 is fuel return line.
but what is 5?

And also I know that it is not so simple to just connect the 6 and 7 to supply and return, but these shall be also connected with WUR and cycle valve etc. Could anybody post a photo of K-jet connections on the car?
It would be much easier to see it with location of the devices on the car than in the book:

I would appreciate any feedback.
safe  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can barley see the numbers, but du mean 5 in the middle on the top?
It goes to the WUR and it sets the control pressure.
davidschmalz  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 on what safe said. As well as going to the WUR, it also goes to the inlet of the warm start solenoid.

I'd recommend using google images to help you out, although it is hard to get any kind of full picture, especially since the WUR is buried under intake etc.

I can say that the supply line includes a line running to the cold start valve/5th injector, and the return line includes a return from the WUR as well as a return from outlet of the warm start solenoid. It seems complicated on paper, but functionally it all makes a lot of sense.
Elrok  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for answers.

I have one more question: I tried to test the injectors and during the test one of the injectors spray much more fuel than the rest of them. I will do the test of the injectors in Bosch service, however I would like to ask if there is any any way to regulate each output (from 1 to 4). As you can see, I do not have the K-jet with regulation screw.
safe  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elrok wrote:
I would like to ask if there is any any way to regulate each output (from 1 to 4).

Not really. It could be that it is the injectors or it could be the fuel distributor.

Try moving the injectors around to see if the pattern moves with it. If it does you can get new injectors.
There is filters in the fuel distributor under the banjos, some might be clogged.

It could also be that the fuel distributor is worn and its not an easy DIY job to repair it.
davidschmalz  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, I was having trouble with inconsistent fuel flow from injectors and the issue didn't move around with swapping them, so I rebuilt the FD. Full disclosure, I'm kind of a hack mechanic and still learning, so it took me two times to get it right. There are some good rebuild guides online, kits are cheap, and it certainly wasn't as difficult as I was expecting. All in all, a fun project!

I did have some trouble with my banjo bolts snapping on reinstall.
Elrok  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already disassembled the distributor after I bought it and fixed the problem with the plug (which was stuck and did not moved – it turned out that the problem was with o-rings and wrong position of the main middle part. After reassembling the plug is going very smooth .

I didn’t checked the filters in holes 1-4 in fuel distributor. I didn’t wanted to damaged them. What is the best way to take them out? In the previous distributor installed in my 924 (from KE-Jetronic) there were no filters. In my opinion these final filters are not necessary, because there is the filter on the input screw in fuel distributor and in the main middle part of it. I will try to remove the filters and test the injectors without them.

I really appreciate your support!
Elrok  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have some other questions:

1. I have wiring diagram for my 924 from 1981. There are two start up valves as marked on wiring diagram:

Can anyone identify which is which?

2. The Warm Up Regulator (WUR) has two holes for fuel lines one bigger M10 and one smaller M8. Can anyone you tell me which is input and which is output?

Thanks a lot for any help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: