Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Speeduino Efi + Turbo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juho  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:29 am    Post subject: Speeduino Efi + Turbo Reply with quote

I scrapped my plans of draw through turbo so here we are again. I'm going to do a efi conversion using speeduino and turbo it after that. I will document my build here with all the parts numbers and stuff if anyone wants to replicate it. Im also planning going e85 with the speeduino.
Juho  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuel rail acquired. Its from Honda Accord 1994 (EIS26210). Spacing from center to center is 95mm so it seems to fit pretty well.
Cedric  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be fun, i hope i didn't cause you to much trouble with new plans, the support from the speedy community is very good, any many people here have done efi conversions. And the end product will be much better and more reliable. Have fun and keep us updated
Juho  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cédric wrote:
This will be fun, i hope i didn't cause you to much trouble with new plans, the support from the speedy community is very good, any many people here have done efi conversions. And the end product will be much better and more reliable. Have fun and keep us updated

Haha no problem! I daily drive my 924 so i don't want to imagine the fuel consumption with carbs and turbo. I am going to save ALOT of money in long run by going efi and e85
Juho  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need some advice..... Last owner when he installed carbs he used silicone and metal caps to block the injector holes. Can i remove the silicone safely from the injector holes without taking the head apart or do i have to remove the head in order to remove the silicone
safe  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juho wrote:
I need some advice..... Last owner when he installed carbs he used silicone and metal caps to block the injector holes. Can i remove the silicone safely from the injector holes without taking the head apart or do i have to remove the head in order to remove the silicone

Rotate the engine so the intake valve is closed, then you can vacuum the intake port after. But some small pieces of silicone won't hurt the engine...

Edit:
On the other hand if I was going to turbo charge my engine I would remove the head to change out the head gasket to a fresh and better one and also fit some ARP-head studs to keep it together.
With the head off I would also lap the valves (to ensure good contact and cooling for the valves), replace the valve seals.

These are all jobs that are easy for a DIYer and doesn't require any expensive tools.
safe  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't bought injectors yet, I have done some research.

These are very nice!
Bosch 0 280 158 123 ( Originally Porsche 997 turbo)
They have an extended tip so they will reach to the port in the head, its very deep in the 924.
E85 compatible.
627cc/min so they should have plenty of capacity for petrol and also E85, depending on power goals.
Modern design and reasonably priced on eBay.
Juho  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

safe wrote:
Juho wrote:

Rotate the engine so the intake valve is closed, then you can vacuum the intake port after. But some small pieces of silicone won't hurt the engine...

Edit:
On the other hand if I was going to turbo charge my engine I would remove the head to change out the head gasket to a fresh and better one and also fit some ARP-head studs to keep it together.
With the head off I would also lap the valves (to ensure good contact and cooling for the valves), replace the valve seals.

These are all jobs that are easy for a DIYer and doesn't require any expensive tools.

Thank you for the super helpful info. I kinda want to replace headgasket anyways because i want to go for a thicker one. I know how its done in theory and i know its not hard but its just that its my first car and i havent worked on a car before so its kinda stressing. I might just do the efi and turbo first and when i got time and money ill upgrade headstuds and headgasket

The injectors sound very good but they are bit on the expensive side because this is a very budget build because im student . Im going to look for them if i can find them used for cheap. Do you know if they fit accord fuel rail?
safe  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juho wrote:
safe wrote:
Juho wrote:

Edit:

Thank you for the super helpful info. I kinda want to replace headgasket anyways because i want to go for a thicker one. I know how its done in theory and i know its not hard but its just that its my first car and i havent worked on a car before so its kinda stressing. I might just do the efi and turbo first and when i got time and money ill upgrade headstuds and headgasket

The injectors sound very good but they are bit on the expensive side because this is a very budget build because im student . Im going to look for them if i can find them used for cheap. Do you know if they fit accord fuel rail?

I you choose to lift the head, just place the engine at TDC for cylinder one (the front one), note the position of the distributor body and the rotor (take pictures and make marks). Then you will have no problem getting it together again in the right position.

Not sure if they fit into the Honda rail, Bosch uses 14mm holes if I'm not mistaken.
You will need an adaptor in the head to fit whatever injector you choose.
Make sure you secure the fuel rail properly because you not only have fuel pressure (initial + boost) trying to pop of the rail from the injector, you also have boost trying to pop the injector from the head.
Juho  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Progress!

Juho  

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting last bits to arrive to finish the efi conversion i decided to do something else.
Like a week ago i went to dumpster diving to a local trade fair hall and found this giant black carpet (like 2.5mx50m) so i decided to make a interior carpet out of it.
Today i cut piece that i will be using for the interior carpet and washed it.

Juho  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up this today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: