Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Option codes and a speaker question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldwolf  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:49 am    Post subject: Option codes and a speaker question Reply with quote

These are the option codes for my VIN. What does 461 mean? I do have the electric antenna that works! No door speakers.

I might end up redoing my door cards with matching tweed, is there room to mount the door speaker behind the fabric? I would like them hidden altogether and the tweed at least would not block too much sound. My car is still awaiting its rebuilt engine, almost there, so I don't have the car to go poke around in.

Does anyone have the options included in the Weissach package? I have some advertisements but not an actual list.

261 Passenger side mirror flat, electrically adjustable and heatable
398 Driver side mirror flat, electrically adjustable and heatable
425 Rear window wiper
431 363mm 4-spoke H steering wheel
459 Weissach Edition
461 Electric antenna, speakers
477 15" mesh wheels (4-bolt)
573 Air conditioner
650 Detachable roof panel
651 Electric windows
1981 Weissach Edition #179
snakoil  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the door cards are just a 1/4 inch thick and are made to be right next to the metal door frame with the door handle bracket.
This is not like todays plastic formed door cards that are mostly hollow.
You have a round hole in the metal door frame near the front bottom of the door. This is where the optionnal speakers where placed.
make sure you place a water resistant plastic film once you mounted your speakers otherwise water might get to your door panels and rot them out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: