Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Ditc connector

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fwood  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject: Ditc connector Reply with quote

Where can I find the connector to the ditc with/or new terminals that go inside of it. I just realized that the connections are toast and re-soldering them are giving promising but less than stellar results.
Frank
Dutch924-racer  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

944 uses also this type of connectors, mayby you can find a used wiring loom
937 DITC
Fast road camshaft
Forge recirculation valve + boost controller
fwood  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject: DITC Connector Reply with quote

Found a nos connector that had a 911 part number. It was the exact replacement part including stamping numbers inside the casing. The pins were included. The ground and power pins on mine were cracked and they were in the most damaged sockets. I cut about two inches of wire off to get rid of damaged copper and have clean wire to solder back. I had to cut the loom to the connector to access the pins to facilitate a clean solder of the pins. I then solder and shrinktaped those wires back together. The end result is the smoothest,quietest,best idling the engine has been since Iíve resurrected the car. I wish I had done this when I first got the car. Iím trying to figure out how to load pictures of the pins and how bad the wire ends were. The Porsche part number is 911 612 884 00 a 12 pin connector that actually seems to be available from different sources. Best 60 bucks Iíve spent on the car period.
Frank
[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: