Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

How to remove seat belt strap from retract.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dave1shere  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: How to remove seat belt strap from retract. Reply with quote

Hello all I am stripping my car down for a repaint. The problem I'm having is how to remove the back panel without destroying the seat belt strap. Also I am trying to remove the rear tail light I have all the hardware removed but are unable to remove the tail lights I have read somewhere that there is a sealant on the lights?
snakoil  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the seat belt you can simply unbolt the seatbelt assembly with the panels.
Otherwise I think it would requiere restitching the seat belts.

as for the tail lights, since you'll be repainting I suggest passing a razor blade around the edgeto "cut" the sealant. A lot of PO added 3M window weld there in order to avoid water coming in.

In order to make your future removal of tailights easier I would suggest getting this seal kit from only944
https://www.only944.com/partscatalog/only/taillightseal/
dave1shere  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I thought this what I was going to run into this with the seatbelt I am planning on spraying the panel with Dupli-Color so I guess I'll have to mask off the seatbelt and or think about restitching it. As for the tail light I'm a try a heat gun to loosen up the adhesive I don't know if I can get a razor blade around some of the corners.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: