Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

VW substitute for front driving lights switch ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patrick  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: VW substitute for front driving lights switch ? Reply with quote

Hello All ! I finally have my euro bumpers fitted (with working driving/park lights). I dont have any switch fitted to the location to the left of the cigarette lighter (just the rectangular hole for the switch ). Being that i'd have to import one, i was hoping for a similiar sized switch from a VW ? There are a few vw parts places here, so anyone know what vw switch might fit ? I would rather not drive my car to the store for fear that they might raise the price unfairly (typical for my part of the world...not to mention bad, horribly bad traffic...) can always return it though if it doesnt fit. Thanks guys !
Carrera RSR  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fog light switch to the left of the lighter does not operate the Euro front lamps. They are driving lamps which come on with main beam or flash only when headlamps are down.
Patrick  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I nevertheless would like to mount a switch for the driving lights in this location, so i can turn it on and off, (independent of the headlights) at will. So maybe i should rephrase my question and ask "What switch from a VW will or might fit this location by the cigarette lighter? " Thanks again.
Patrick  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I nevertheless would like to mount a switch for the driving lights in this location, so i can turn it on and off, (independent of the headlights) at will. So maybe i should rephrase my question and ask "What switch from a VW will or might fit this location by the cigarette lighter? " Thanks again.
scm924s  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The switch to the left of the cigarette lighter operates the rear fog warning lights on euro cars, no reason why you can't use this location as you want though, just a standard rocker switch. The front driving lights are operated normally by one of the 4 switches on the centre consol. Need to feed through a relay.
1984 n/a Black - sold
1980 n/a Le Mans#1 - sold
1980 n/a Le Mans#2- sold
1977 Martini - sold
Patrick  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scm924 - Oh, so one of those little switches can be used, great ! I will just probably do that then. Thanks !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: