Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

924 master cylinder rebuild kit question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ted von Kampen  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: 924 master cylinder rebuild kit question Reply with quote

I have a 1981 Porsche 924 with disc front and drum rear. I have been rebuilding the brakes. I am now working on the master cylinder. After much searching I ordered and received a genuine Porsche MC rebuild kit. The Part number is: 92835591300.

I started the process, removed old master, disassembled, cleaned bore and got ready to reassemble. The old cylinder had a separate reservoir.

When I was ready to assemble I noticed that there is a difference in the secondary piston. The old piston has a set of separated seals on one end. There is a metal ring (part of the piston) and one separated seal goes on one side, facing left and the other goes on the other side of metal ring with seal facing right.

The new kit included a new secondary piston. It is different. The over all length is the same but there is no metal ring between two separated seals. The groove for the separated seals is wide enough to put two seals back to back. Otherwise the secondary piston looks much the same.

My question is: has anyone encountered this before and if so how do you assemble the two separated seals.

Any help or advice is appreciated.
Thanks,
Ted
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: