Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Modifications to Wilson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noahs944  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slowly getting there...

Noahs944  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't like the curvy approach, so decided to get back to basics tonight. Need to lower it like 3".

Rough set up with clamps.

Will be painted.

Going to make some nice end plates.

Noahs944  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to trying to accomplish a dual 3" side pipe exhaust. Might not work, but essentially: short 2.5" turbo down pipe to 3" single pipe, to 3" Y pipe to 2 Magnaflow 14419 mufflers (3" in/3" out. 4" diameter body).

I searched for sounds of dual #14419 muffs on a 4 cyl and this video turned up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYi-4wR9tdw
Noahs944  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's coming from JAPAN :jumper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTUL27WH-AM&t=55s
Noahs944  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After my first successful week with my new job, and my desire to do it "awesomely" I spent the rent on a stage 2 Snow performance Water/Meth kit for Wilson.
I asked the stand alone builder what he thinks of H20/Meth & he said it's great for running pump gas to race performance. Looking at results, for like $500 you can get 50 hp (totally rough estimate) or my impression is I can run cheaper gas with a mild tune for daily commuting. I think it's very good value. Additionally it's very adjustable for "IN" and ""OUT" boost pressure, and has safety features built in.

In fact all 3 ecms (the Greddy EBC, SDS Engine Management System and the Snow Performance) have excellent safety devices built in.

I was thinking of shaving the head for higher compression (perhaps 8.5-8.7:1) but will leave at 8.1:1 (it's had a light shave when it was rebuilt to oem specs). The idea for higher compression was at Autocross & street driving it would be snappier. But I think I'll leave it stock so I can use cheaper gas and hoping the boost controller will add snappier lower end torque by controlling the external wastegate. To protect from detonation, the SDS EFI will use a Bosch knock sensor to retard timing and the H2-/Meth system will control octane by it's injection rate.

I HAVE NO MONEY ANYMORE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKMs1PBtxA0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: