Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Chasing Fuse Box Problems...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhammett  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:22 am    Post subject: Chasing Fuse Box Problems... Reply with quote

New to the forums, been reading for some time though. I've in the past few months been starting work on my new 78' 924. Car runs great but wasn't on the road for electrical problems. Those being no brake lights and the headlights don't pop up.

I've been looking it over recently and I've narrowed it down to both not receiving power from the fuse box. Wiring is ok because I can send power myself with the connector disconnected and it works. Problem is after looking into the fuse box i must have budged something causing the right rear taillight and side marker to always stay on. I have to disconnect the battery to turn it off I wanna remove the fuse box but the wiring on one side isn't connectors its all single spade connections. Is there a diagram anyone has of this or do i gotta map it out before and verify using the wiring diagram on reassembly? Also should i do it on my back or remove the dash (i wouldnt mind as the blower controls dont work either) It just seems like a messy mangle of wires and I don't wanna screw it up.

Anyone got any tips or suggestions?
MikeJinCO  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If spade connectors it sounds like somebody grafted in a later fuse box, I had a 1981 Audi with the pin connectors and in 1982 I think Audi went over to a completely different and robust connector system. If it will help, I have most the parts or a wiring system of a 1980 that I have no use for, including I think the fuse box. Traveling for about 10 days so I can't give any more details.

'67 MG Midget Dp
'71 Ocelot Dsr Kawasaki 1000(under rebuild)
brian19600  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your turn signals are on with the car off, those side lights will be on. I had to pull the fuse thinking I had a problem, until someone on here pointed it out. Weird German feature.

This may or may not be your particular problem, but it is good to know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: