Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Getting off the bellhousing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joe b  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Getting off the bellhousing Reply with quote

I don't know how to do it!

I need some kind of strange slide hammer attachment?

Naturally I've unbolted the thing (the engine's out of the car) but I am not sure exactly how to get it off. anyone have any pics or insight?

Thanks,
Joe
gegge  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to pull the axle for the fork to the releasebearing on the pressureplate.

924 turbo -81 Carrera GT RESTOMOD
924 turbo -80 Dolomite De Luxe
924 -85 DP kit, BBS RS, M030 and tuned engine
924s -86 Black on black turbo with Fuchs
bear924  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

I had this exact issue this weekend and stumbled across this post. I know this thread is very old however thought I explain my findings. They are essentially the same as Gegge's however I thought I'd add a few more details. Clutch arrangement I am referring to is for a hydraulic clutch (S2 turbo I understand).

The thing stopping the bell housing from being removed is the clutch fork that is normally driven by the clutch hydraulic system.

You can see the fork through the clutch inspection holes. The clutch is pivoted off a removable shaft. You need to remove this shaft to release the fork, thus allowing the bell housing to release.

To remove shaft you remove a locking bolt at the base of the shaft. I then used a long punch and punched the shaft out of the hole. It came relatively easily. The shaft does have a threaded end, you could also assemble some kind of pully system to pull it out using this tread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech. All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: