Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Davos to Stelvio & Stelvio Pass

View previous topic :: View next topic  
morghen  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Davos to Stelvio & Stelvio Pass Reply with quote

The best drive of them all...just like the boys at TopGear said.

EDIT: the old hosting for the pics is gone, refreshed now.

Last edited by morghen on Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
morghen  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much activity in this area of the forum...thats too bad....i mean these cars were built for this.
Still havent found a better driving road than this.
Going to try some Austrian Alps in the spring.
kevinlvy  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi morghen, nice shots of the scenery and your car. i have to agree with you that the car must be fully experienced on open roads and traversing inclines currently my car is in the shop right now being fixed hope to see others do the same as you did. cheers!
the_mad_electrician  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still plan on getting my 924 up to the Tail of the Dragon, more of a motorcycle hot spot but driving a car there is a hell of a time. Its about the best road within 400-500 miles of me

2004 Ranger "Edge"

2005 Mazda 6
RC  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They replayed that episode of TG again here this week. Definitely looks like a top drive.

Is that road usually so void of other cars or did TG get the road closed? Probably hey? Same with driving around under the People`s Palace, can anyone just do that?

How local is the road to you Morghen?
I mean if it`s local and you drive it often then you get to know the road and every bend so well. Would be hilarious to see a 931 blowing the horn behind Hammond`s GT3, wanting to pass him.

Allan @ DTA wrote:
I have no issue with superchargers, they are for guys who want to drive a car rather than talk about horsepower with their baseball cap on backwards
morghen  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird i never saw your post until now..

Stelvio Pass is one full driving day away from me so i'm not so familiar with it...but i'd like to go there again. The road is not that empty as in the TopGear episode..they closed the road down. When i was there, there were loads of bikers, motored and non motored ones. And a few cars here and there...but no real traffic.

Driving under People's Palace is not something anybody can do...i dont know how they got permision to do that or if they got it or not...but i probably cant do that lol

RC wrote:
They replayed that episode of TG again here this week. Definitely looks like a top drive.

Is that road usually so void of other cars or did TG get the road closed? Probably hey? Same with driving around under the People`s Palace, can anyone just do that?

How local is the road to you Morghen?
I mean if it`s local and you drive it often then you get to know the road and every bend so well. Would be hilarious to see a 931 blowing the horn behind Hammond`s GT3, wanting to pass him.

michaelodonnell123  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabulous pics. Thank you for posting.
2012 Fiat 500
RC  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Morghen.

Looks like such a magic driving road with beautiful scenery too, even just going as fast as Google street view can download, which is pretty slow.

Am eventually looking towards an extended driving vacation, through UK and Europe in the future. That road in particular and the Nurburgring are top of the to-do list. Would be awesome to go for a drive behind your 931 one day.

Cheers

Allan @ DTA wrote:
I have no issue with superchargers, they are for guys who want to drive a car rather than talk about horsepower with their baseball cap on backwards
morghen  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always welcome! Just not in the second part of May next year as i will be gone on another epic drive.
Noahs944  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What AN INCREDIBLE DRIVE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cool Drives All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: