Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Adjusting spring plates.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
19marty73  

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject: Adjusting spring plates. Reply with quote

I finally got my car Mot'd (Failed on washer jets,front wheel bearing excess play, rear brake plates corroded around hand brake and a number plate bulb out) and completed a couple of hundred miles motoring. It just sits too high! I have coil overs on the front so no problem there but I don't want all the hassle of pulling the torsion bars out so I gave the spring plates a tweak. I know its been covered before but what the hell.

Like all nuts and bolts under a 30 year old car the 24 mm nuts would not budge. I had to carefully cut them with the angle grinder just until you can see the faintest shadow of the top of the thread then whack the hell out of the with a cold chisel. New m16 x 1.5 pitch nylocks and washers bought from my local tool store prior to the job. Knock out the cam adjuster bolt and give it a good clean and grease.

Don't attempt to move the 36mm adjuster with an adjustable wrench, you will loose the skin off your knuckles. Get a 36mm ring spanner. I got one for £5 from a second hand tool store and cut the end off to make it more managable.
You can see the before and after positions of the bolts. to set the suspension at the lowest position you want to see the most material above the spring plate.

After dropping the car back on its wheels you can definitely see a difference.
[img][/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> How-To All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: