Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Are Cookie cutters the way to go?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JasonO  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Are Cookie cutters the way to go? Reply with quote

I currently have phone dials on our car with a spacer in the rear,15 x 7.As per the rather scenic photo one can see there is a a rather good gap between the outer rim/tyre and the bodywork.

Will cookie cutter's space out wider so to speak? I have found a set for sale.
I like fuchs but they seem to command a rather high price,so we would rather sink money into the other projects that are on the go.

Ive got my eye also on Some superlites white with polished lip
5 x 130
Back-set is 112 mm.
Off-set is 15 mm.
Would these be also suitable?
Carrera RSR  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You ideally want a 7x16 ET 23 front and 8x16 ET 10 -23 rear in my view. Anything less will need spacers. Cookies won't be much better than you have.

If Fuchs are too spendy then look for early 944 turbo 16" teledials in similar sizes to above.
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some pretty nice repro fuchs out there for not much money. Otherwise, early offset phonies as stated. Widest will be 8x16, ET23. Wheelenhancement.com is a good source for take-offs.
JasonO  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.k after getting a few opinions.....so the superlites look cool at this point, 15 x 7in , 15 mm offset.
Does anyone have an opinion how well these would fill out the rear over phone dials?
Im all for lightweight parts and cars.
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm betting you can go wider.
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm betting you can go wider.
fiat22turbo  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JasonO wrote:
O.k after getting a few opinions.....so the superlites look cool at this point, 15 x 7in , 15 mm offset.
Does anyone have an opinion how well these would fill out the rear over phone dials?

It isn't so much the width as much as the offset of the wheels. Change the offset and you can move the tire in or out relative to the the outside of the body. Combine the change in offset with the width of the wheel and you can completely fill the wheel well with tire.

In your case, I would measure the difference between the outside lip of the wheel and the inside lip of your fender flare. Use that distance in addition to the existing offset of your wheels to get the offset you need for the same width wheel.

Here is an offset calculator to help you figure this all out:

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

Hope this helps and good luck!
Nein37  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 8X16 ET11 fuchs fit very good with the CGT flares but adding a 5mm spacer would be optimal. So yes you can go quite a bit wider.
fiat22turbo  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JasonO wrote:

It isn't so much the width as much as the offset of the wheels. Change the offset and you can move the tire in or out relative to the the outside of the body. Combine the change in offset with the width of the wheel and you can completely fill the wheel well with tire.

In your case, I would measure the difference between the outside lip of the wheel and the inside lip of your fender flare. Use that distance in addition to the existing offset of your wheels to get the offset you need for the same width wheel.

fiat22turbo  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JasonO wrote:

fiat22turbo  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JasonO wrote:

fiat22turbo  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JasonO wrote:

fiat22turbo  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JasonO wrote:

JasonO  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I checked out my wheels.. part number is 951.362.104.00 the web tells me these have a 23.3 offset,I have a spacer in the rear already and the fronts look fine. using the above online calculator the superlites as stated at 7 x 15 with 15mm offset will only give me a meagure "8mm" of outer width.So sadly these just wont cut it,from the widest point on the tyre I can go out about another 45mm max.
Grenadiers  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my CGT clone with 15x7 cookies on all four corners with crappy tires. These are off of an '83 944 with 23mm offset. There is still room to grow outward under the rear fenders! But not much.

2004 Winnebago Vectra monster RV
2012 Jeep Wrangler
2014 Kia Soul
2001 Ford F350 powerstroke
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: