Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Roll Cages in UK...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexG  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Roll Cages in UK... Reply with quote

Gents,

In preparation for doing some sprints later this year I am now at the stage where I need to consider the specifics of the roll cage to opt for.

My requirements:
    Bolt-in, so that I can a) remove and sell the car as a standard road car in the future and b) potentially fit it in another car (924S/944/968) depending on how things pan out.
    It only has to be fairly basic (whilst meeting the UK MSA regs.).
    Available in the UK

At the moment the only real contender I have found is the Safety Devices 6-point bolt in cage, which seems to get a tick in all the boxes, though the cost is higher than I was expecting.
bass gt  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex,

Safety devices are the most readily available, especially if you are looking for an off the shelf number. Price is quite suprising, but not in a good way!! Going anywhere else may be pointless, as they will have to design it iif it's not a stock ite, and you really need the MSA accreditation for the cage.

Steve
Rich H  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demon Thieves had a couple istes for 944's that would probably fit. No idea of quality or cost though
1953 Landrover S1 - Pensioner Spec
AlexG  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve - yes I was fast reaching that conclusion. Re price I think I actually nearly audbily choked when the guy at EMC told me the cost (which is more than I paid for the car ).

On the plus side they have them in stock and they have them with a harness bar fitted, just a shame Brum is a fair old jaunt from here to pick it up (not sure I want something like that coming via courier in mutliple boxes if I can avoid it - ofcourse this relies on my daily driver being big enough to carry it).

This is the only thing that has come in more expensive than I anticipated - pity I got it wrong on the single largest outlay

I had a look at Demon T's but they don't list anything on the site and I am a little reticent about relying on advice from them specific to the 924 (whcih might be unfair).
edh  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about rollcentre?

http://www.rollcentre.co.uk/rollcentre/html/rollcage_directory.html
bass gt  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex,

Demon tweeks def list the 944 cage in their catalog. 944 and 924 are identical, as long as you get the early dash model, not the later. Even then, i believe the diffeence is minimal.

Steve
AlexG  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad, I was looking online not in the paper catalogue. To be honest not much difference between the Sparco (£595 +VAT unpainted, no harness bar) and the Safety Devices (£750 +VAT painted, with integral harness bar).

This thread has helped to focus my thoughts. The Safety Devices does look like the best option, I have found pictures of other Safety Devices cages and they do look well finished.

But, for the time being I am going to make do without a roll cage, it's an outlay too far at this stage - and the car is bog standard so I am allowed to do without!

Then when the season starts I can have a look at what others have done and decide the best way forward (and in particular whether running an unmodified 2.0 924 in sprints really warrants a cage...).

Thanks for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924 Racing Today All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: