Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

NOTICE: Victims of HAUSBRAUEN, NEMESIS, NEMESIS924, et al.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Street Legal  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: NOTICE: Victims of HAUSBRAUEN, NEMESIS, NEMESIS924, et al. Reply with quote

This message has been simultaneously cross-posted to the 924.org Forum, Rennlist Forums and Pelican Forums.

I have been retained by a group of Porsche enthusiasts, some of whom are active participants in this forum. I have been asked to investigate – and if feasible – pursue legal action against a person known to have used the aliases of “nemesis” and “hausbrauen” (among others) on this and other forums. We know conclusively who this individual is, and we know where this individual lives. After learning of this person’s fraudulent activities from a fellow PCA member who was victimized, I agreed to lend my assistance since I live within the jurisdiction where the offenses were perpetrated (State of Michigan)

We are currently in discovery phase. At this point, we have strong evidence that this individual:
- defrauded members of this and other internet-based discussion forums;
- defrauded automotive suppliers local to Southeast Michigan;
- specifically targeted overseas victims, although he victimized members throughout the U.S. as well;
- perpetrated acts of “Uttering and Publishing”, a felony offense, which includes writing bad checks and credit card fraud;
- perpetrated acts of “Wire Fraud”, a federal offense, which includes fraudulent transactions over state and federal lines;
- perpetrated acts of “Grand Larceny”, a high misdemeanor offense, which includes the improper seizure of goods (i.e., theft);
- masqueraded under a number of aliases in all of the aforementioned forums, including specifically “my924gtc”, “hausbrauen”, “nemesis”, “Archibald Nemesis”, “nemesis924”, etc.;
- may have used a variety of other aliases, which we are currently investigating;

If you or anyone you know has suffered unrecovered material losses as a result of actions perpetrated by this individual, you are welcome to contact us. To protect your privacy, as well as to protect the privacy and personal safety of the current plaintiffs, we request that you use the private message feature of this forum. Contacting us does not obligate you to become a plaintiff in the suit we are considering, nor does it constitute a formal deposition. For reasons that should be clear to everyone, we will not engage in a public discussion or debate on this matter, other than to provide periodic updates regarding our investigation and disposition toward settlement or suit.

Despite the evidence we have, it is too early to tell if we can successfully prosecute a case in a court of law, whether civil or criminal. In many cases of internet-based fraud, the evidence is purely circumstantial, and the documentation too sparse and incomplete to guarantee a satisfactory outcome for the plaintiffs. However, we have a growing body of evidence, and are carefully considering all civil and criminal options in cooperation with the appropriate law enforcement agencies and civil courts.

DISCLAIMER
Should you choose to contact us, we make no warranty either implicitly or explicitly that you will recover any damages. We further make no warranty that we will proceed with a court action. In fact, the best possible outcome would be for this individual to respond to our demands and to settle out of court. Sadly, those demands have so far been ignored.

In light of the above, consider the following:
- Any evidence you are willing to share will add to the evidence already amassed and could improve the chances of a successful prosecution or settlement
- If your evidence is thorough enough, the current plaintiffs may invite you to join forces with them, which may represent your best chance of recovering damages
- Regardless of the outcome of our investigation and potential legal action, your contribution to this effort will help make this forum a safer place for everyone by exposing the fraudulent activities of this individual

Finally, a “buyer-beware” warning to all members of this forum:
Despite claims of “near-death experiences” and other personal woes, we know conclusively that this individual is alive and well. We have reason to believe that he may be continuing to “lurk” in the aforementioned forums, either anonymously or using yet more aliases. We urge all members of these forums to exercise extreme caution when transacting business, even if you think the source is trustworthy based on previous transactions. The following guidelines are common sense rules that may help you avoid being victimized:
- Be wary of new forum members that offer to sell or trade goods
- Be particularly wary if you reside in a different country from the seller…distance makes dispute resolution more difficult
- Be wary of sellers that build trust by fulfilling several small transactions, and then move in for the kill on big ticket items
- Be wary of sellers that ask you to transact business out-of-band (outside of the forum)
- Do your homework: verify the seller’s reputation with other respected and well-established forum participants
- Search the forum for the seller’s alias(es) to see if there are complaints or compliments from past transactions
- If you know the seller’s eBay ID, check their feedback rating there
- Keep copious records of all transactions so you have evidence should you need to file a complaint
- Insist on using a credit card for all transactions so you can file a charge back with the credit card company if you don’t receive your goods
- Although the credit card companies give you 60 days to file a complaint, file a complaint if your order has not been received within 30 days

Street Legal Litigation Team
DOCO  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW great stuff i myself have not been taken,but it sure is nice to have someone on our side.awsome read thanks Doco
/______\
[+]___[+]
\0 924 0/
[__]..[__]
"WEBB STR"
skemcin  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was victimized but after 2yrs of pursing them (and related partners) was finally reconciled. Good luck in your efforts.
9249206347 - 8k – waiting its resurrection, no power at the fuel pump and fuse #7 blows w/power
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chrenan  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally.
Min  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so we know conclusively that nemesis and my924gtc are the same person then?

Min

Last edited by Min on Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Street Legal  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Min wrote:
so we know comclusively that nemesis and my924gtc are the same person then?

Beyond all doubt.
Street Legal  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cross reference to other boards:
http://www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?t=23316
http://www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?t=23317
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=378151
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=378150
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=367049
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=367050
gla924sem  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: hausbrauen Reply with quote

PM sent
flosho  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you PM me the the proof that those two identities are one in the same?
Street Legal  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flosho wrote:
Can you PM me the the proof that those two identities are one in the same?

Email sent.

Last edited by Street Legal on Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total
gla924sem  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject: hausbrauen Reply with quote

SEnt another PM
ideola  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF!
I was just at Mark's (my924gtc) house this morning picking up a five lug setup and my 931 exhaust system. Holy crap. I better get the rest of my stuff out of his storage unit.
Street Legal  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: hausbrauen Reply with quote

gla924sem wrote:
SEnt another PM

Response sent.
RC  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ideola wrote:
Quote:
WTF!
I was just at Mark's (my924gtc) house this morning

And additionally:
Quote:
I also know Nemesis personally

leadfoot  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dan tell him to send my parts before he goes to jail...
Leadfoot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: