Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Fuel pressure gauge

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick MacLaren  

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know a good 'under bonnet' fuel pressure gauge I can install to check my fuel pressure?
Smoothie  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PAW (Performance Automotive Warehouse) catalog has a good selection of gauges. I'd guess you mean one with an electrical sender that goes in the engine compartment and a gauge for the dash. -Or did you mean a tester that you hook up temporarily?
Smoothie  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just took a look through the PAW catalog. They have fuel pressure gauges by Auto Meter. The electric ones are high priced at $207-$272 and come in 0-15psi, 0-100psi or "Hi-Lo 0-100psi" and 2-1/16" and 2-5/8" sizes. Mechanical fuel pressure gauges are in the $40-$50usd range. You either have to mount them outside the passenger compartment or use an isolator if you want to bring it inside. The isolator mounts inside the engine compartment and brings the price up to $100-$120 usd. They have low pressure (0-15 psi) and high (0-100 psi) made by Auto Meter. The catalog shows some VDO, but no fuel pressure gauges by VDO.
Rick MacLaren  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to use one in the engine compartment...not a dash model. Removable. I want to use it at tune up time...probably before fuel distributor cut a T connecting line, or something like that. To 100 PSI would be nice. I'm gonna check out Princess Auto tonight and narrow things down somewhat.
924 turbo  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about something like this Rick?

Smoothie  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's the ticket. I think I even have one of those in my garage, but haven't used it yet. Don't ask me any questions about it though - that would make me have to go and try to find it.
Smoothie  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I went into the garage for an ice cream sandwich and the CIS tester practically hit me in the face. Looks like maybe I did use it after all, but still don't remember doing so, so still don't ask me any questions... I scanned in the 4 pages of instructions that came with it. Select "CIS Fuel Injection Tester" from my website.
Lizard  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know where i can find an electric gas shutoff switch
Smoothie  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw a picture of my JC Whitney CIS injection tester in the Performance catalog. They sell it for $140. JCW sells it for $56. It's exactly the same right down to the hook on top and pressure bleed button below the gauge - valve, hoses, everything is the same. The picture that JCW shows on their website is different - and they use the same pic for both the CIS and standard testers, so the picture is wrong for at least one of them... Quite a difference, $140 - $56. Maybe the one from Performance comes in a nicer box?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech. All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: