Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Good news for everyone! EDIS 36-1 Adapter *UPDATE 5/25/07*
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flosho  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Good news for everyone! EDIS 36-1 Adapter *UPDATE 5/25/07* Reply with quote

Ok I made a post over at Rennlist and I've got two gentleman that would be willing to help us out.

What I am talking about is either:

1. An adapter that would fit inside the crank pulley and would hold a 36-1 trigger wheel inside the crank pulley and allow for easier EDIS installation.

2. A whole new crank pulley with a 36-1 trigger wheel built into it.

Both of these would be a small run order and cost would be effected by the number we get.. Price really shouldn't be more than 150 on the HIGH end.. Maybe closer to 100 or so if we can get decent participation in this.

I do however need somones help, I have a trigger wheel, but I do not have a extra crank pulley. If someone could donate or sell cheaply to myself I can send both to
Dave at www.customengineeredperformance.com.

I know theres some interest out there and this would really make mounting a trigger wheel a bolt in process!!!

So far, I'm 100% in for this. So I would just like you to post if you would buy one if it was produced and the price was around $120, or put what you would be willing to pay.

If you're wondering what the adapter would look like, check out -nick's efi thread in the how to, it would pretty much copy that set up.

-Jason

Last edited by flosho on Sat May 26, 2007 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ideola  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be interested.

I am hoping to pick up a buttload of extra 924 bits next weekend. Don't know precisely what's included until I look everything over, but there's a high likelihood there may be an extra crank pulley or two involved. If so, I'd be willing to sell cheaply.

From what I've seen, I'm assuming that if I had a crank pulley prepped, that installing it with the trigger wheel for LATER adaption to EFI would have no affect on being to run the car with the stock CIS setup until I was ready for conversion. Can anyone confirm this?

If those things check out, count me in for at least one.
NEMESIS  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already received a PM from Dave over on RL about donating a crank pulley, and I have one to send him. I'll do that so no need to worry about it ideola. Flosho send him your trigger wheel.

Also, he is going to be making up some injector plugs to seal off the holes in the head. These would also be good for anyone using carbs.

Anyone else interested?
Min  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now the real question is which type of pulley you sent him, since there is at least 3 versions I'm aware of.

Min
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ideola  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
there is at least 3 versions I'm aware of

Some elaboration would be useful here, or at minimum, links to other threads that might shed light.

I have two 1980 931s and a 1981 NA that all might be candidates for this, particularly if the crank with trigger wheel can be installed NOW while I summon up the courage and funds to tackle EFI.
Min  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ideola wrote:
Quote:
there is at least 3 versions I'm aware of

Some elaboration would be useful here, or at minimum, links to other threads that might shed light.

umm, I have a buncha motors, Not all of them share the same pulley setup on the front. Hense, there is more than one version of the front pulley. I own 2 of the versions, and I have seen pictures of the 3rd version.

Min
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ideola  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, do we know if the difference is completely random, or does it correlate to model year, or to turbo vs. NA, ??????
Min  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ideola wrote:
So, do we know if the difference is completely random, or does it correlate to model year, or to turbo vs. NA, ??????

all mine are from na motors, ranging in years. But I've seen pictures of one of my types on the front of a turbo motor as well. Gohim may be a better person to ask these sorts of questions too, he knows alot about the differences between model years.

Min
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to PET, there are four crank pulleys. There is no year-based split; rather, the different types are related to accessories used on the engine.

1. Simple pulley (two different versions, one each for LHD and RHD)
2. Double pulley (one version)
3. Triple pulley (one version)

rasta
Min  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and ps, what I'd be voting for is a aluminum crank pully with a pressed on steel trigger wheel. Much slicker install that way, and reduced rotating mass.

Min
flosho  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'll send Dave my trigger wheel, but we need to figure out the crank pulley issue..

What are the actual differences.. if we had an insert made, we could probably make a few different ones.. :S
tomcooper  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am up for one if and when they get produced. Both my NA 80's have the same crank pulley.

Tom
-nick  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$150? Ouch! I paid $75 for my one-off piece. Seems a little steep. I might suggest shopping around. Unless the $150 is for one made out of aluminum that is a press-fit with the trigger wheel.

I've seen a couple of the pulleys. The most common is the one in the pic below. The outer groove is for the AC belt, the next one for the waterpump/alt and the next (small diam) groove is unused. The pulley is fairly light and made out of stamped steel. I believe these are the same for all models equipped with factory AC.

There is another pulley that comes with the dealer-installed AC on early cars ('76-'78 or so). And another that came on the non-AC equipped early cars.

15psi boost, MS-II, EDIS, 951 IC, custom intake, Ford 5.0L throttle body, Forge BOV, WB o2, G31 w/LSD, 964 wheels, 968 rear sway, Bilsteins, 200# Welt. springs. A laptop, and a partridge in a pear tree.
1991 964 C4 Cabriolet
JakeFrame  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

Min wrote:
and ps, what I'd be voting for is a aluminum crank pully with a pressed on steel trigger wheel. Much slicker install that way, and reduced rotating mass.

Min

Min,
That would not be good for anyone who has there car out in any kind of weather. When steel and aluminum are in contact they corrode each other. The aluminum will act as the anode in a galvanic cell with the iron and corrode it. So I would advise to make it out of one material.
1977 924 4 spd
1992 Mercedes 300e 4MATIC
Min  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: ok Reply with quote

JakeFrame wrote:

Min,
That would not be good for anyone who has there car out in any kind of weather. When steel and aluminum are in contact they corrode each other. The aluminum will act as the anode in a galvanic cell with the iron and corrode it. So I would advise to make it out of one material.

the trigger wheel has to be made out of a ferric material. And well... thats what anodizing is for. Or simply powder coat the trigger wheel (it interacts with a magnet, so a thin coating won't make much difference) .... its hardly a big issue.

Min
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: