Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Pics of my project 924 so far

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex Roy  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everybody. I just wanted to show everybody my latest upgrades (I have done more stuff, but this is just the stuff since I got my new digi-camera). In addition to the stiff on the following page, I have converted to dual DCOE40 Webers, replaced the clutch, rebuilt the shift linkage, replaced the stearing wheel and shift knob, shaved the side markers, installed "euro" markers (the little ones behind the front wheel like the new VWs) and more. Check out the pictures on the page I just made and let me know what you think.

http://www.geocities.com/manxsyssound/924stuff.html

Alex Roy
Eugene Oregon USA
Vince Ponz  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put the oil filter someplace else. What happens when you get hit on that side. Put it inside the engine bay. My opinion really doesn't count but it is just a thought.
77.7 924 mod
79 931 Euro
See them on this list.
Alex Roy  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am working on that still, plus, what happens if the oil coolser gets hit on the other side---same thing . I couldn't find a place inside the engine bay that was out of the way. I am thinking of placing it on the the frame rail on the driverside...we'll see.

-Alex

[ This Message was edited by: Alex Roy on 2001-09-05 11:42 ]
924RACR  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I second Vince's comments... try looking at my install (on my webpage)...

Another issue with your install is the oil cooler location - poor air flow. Ziptie it to the rad instead...

'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
Alex Roy  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to be running a duct from the front of the valance on the driver's side to the oil cooler. The same place on the passanger's side on the valance is going to be the intake.

Alex Roy
Eugene Oregon USA
Mannghi  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice wheels, what are they?
Nice steering wheel and shift knob, not too sure if I'm sold on the arm rest in the center console. Might just be personal taste.
Looks good though.
Alex Roy  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the armrest is pretty funky too, it was on there when I got the car. I'll probibally re-upholster it to match the scheme I did on the seat(s), I don't really want to take it out because it is pretty comfortable.

The wheels are just American Racing wheels I got off of eBay for $300. I also got 1.5" wheel spacers for the back wheels so they fill out the fenders. The wheels are 16x7.5, with 225 50 r16 Kumho Ecsta tires.

Alex Roy

[ This Message was edited by: Alex Roy on 2001-09-05 13:50 ]
Joes924  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey those seats are neat nice work. Where did You get the shifter whats it for a 944?

The Gumballa front end looks neat too .

that oil cooler is a good idea,If your not racen it why move it.

I should drop by some time as Im in Salem!
Alex Roy  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Joe!

The shifter is a standard aftermarket shifterknob. I took the shift lever and ground it so it would fit in the knob, the knob tightens by 3 allen bolts and just happens to meet in 3 places on the rectangular shifter bar. It is just a knob I got at "Schmucks" for $30.00.

...and no, I am not planning on racing it (except down the street).

-Alex Roy
Joes924  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha smhucksreally Looks sharp though...
John H  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2001 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Vince and Vaughan. I'd put the oil filter inside the engine bay.
As for the oil cooler I have an additional one on my 931 which sits in front of the radiator - spaced about 1 nuch of so away from the radiator. Doesn't restrict the flow much over the radiator but still keeps the oil cool when racing.
Alex Roy  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted more pictures of my progress. I have the rear Gemballa 944 bumper cover most of the way modified to fit the 924. Take a look at it and tell me what you think.

P.S.: I have decided to leave the oil cooler and remote filter where it is. I am not going to be racing or autocrossing this car, therefore I do not want the oil to cool too much and I don't have to worry about crashing very much either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: