Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Wanted / Overdue Supercharger from Hausbrauen
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shikzachaser  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Wanted / Overdue Supercharger from Hausbrauen Reply with quote

Hello:

Sorry to jump boards guys and gals but it seems that the Hausbrauen guys are hitting you hard also. I paid out $3295 in February for the latest and greatest supercharger for my 84 944. To date I have received 2 auto-meter guages (one of which was wrong and I had to replace it at my expense) and a MAF conversion kit w/ no wiring diagram or way to use it. I have had delivery promissed every couple weeks since April 15 with nothing but excuses, most due to personal problems. These problems are unfortunate, me being hosed is also unfortunate. I truly wish I had done more research prior to forking out the cash, wasting 6 months of my spare time and $15K redoing a car in anticipation of the blower, having a really p-od wife, and feeling like an idiot. It seems that these guys only produce when they get negative publicity. To be fair I did receive the Fiberwerks stuff as promissed and also a set of MSDS headers (they took an extra month to get ceramic coated / must be a busy coater). Oh yeah, I did receive a couple emails blasting me for not being trusting. If I ever do receive what I have been assured is coming, I will be the first to post how great it is and offer my personal apology. If I don't get it I will be the first to initiate a really unpleasant criminal proceeding. Civil judgements are worthless unless collection is possible, having an attorney for a brother and sharing season Cardinal baseball tickets w/ a Federal Prosecuting Attorney can be priceless. I have rounded up 6 ebay members who are less than thrilled with the tactics and establishing a pattern of behavior is key to what I will be doing if I have to rectify the situation in that manner. I would love to hear more validated stories. I have been offered a refund but I have extended my drop dead date until July 17th to receive what I was assured through internet communication, phone conversations, and a subsequent wire transfer I would receive. After reading a lot of threads and doing additional research I really don't want a refund in a year or so.

Steve

84 944
98 M3
91 C4
99 Durango
06 Aprilia
02 Grandbaby
93 M/B 190 2.6
Lizard  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do a board search and you will find alot of information on this,

after a few posts showed up they kinda disappeared.
daveo  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by daveo on Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:03 am; edited 2 times in total
daveo  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve think i need to make a phone call?
ho was your contact at Hausbrauen,

Dave
Chrenan  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some examples of unhappy customers:

http://www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?t=19250&start=0

http://www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?t=18927&start=0

http://www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?t=19276&start=0

http://www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?t=19202&start=0

A nice discussion of who Hausbrauen is and their screen names here:

http://www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?t=18713&start=0

To summarize, their screen names here are:

ESC944 (also known as X3M944, also known as West)
My924gtc (also known as Mark)
Hausbrauen (also known as Sid)

If you search for posts made under these user names and do some reading, you will get a good sense of how they operate, the excuses they use, etc etc etc.

Now that I have posted some more anti-housebrown information, I fully expect to get flamed and told what a jerk I am etc etc etc by housebrown themselves, some of their cronies, or some new user pretending not to be a housebrown associate. We've seen it here a few times before unfortunately.

Sorry to here you got taken, you're not the only one.
morghen  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damnit...i tought they were ok now...i was about to contact them for a blower for my wide 924 ...ah crap...
OutOfTheBox  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember right, one of them is/was an attorney ?

Maybe you should get your Federal Prosecuting Attorney friend to investigate.

Thomas Moore wrote in Eutopia;

"they bring no lawyers with them, for they consider it a profession whose business it is, to confuse matters"

I also find it extremely repulsive when people use other's personal tragedy to cover up/explain their OWN misgivings.

Last edited by OutOfTheBox on Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
OutOfTheBox  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone got their own caption ?
OutOfTheBox  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys need to stay off, the crack !!!

Shut Up ! I'm driving

So, why was that mob chasing you ?
morghen  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OutOfTheBox....you are mad my friend !
Kenodog  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Christ not this again.Would someone please sue these guys and put them out of buisiness so we don't have to hear about these rip off stories every month.How about the mods put up a sticky warning everyone not to buy shit from them ? It's gone well past an "isolated incident" and I feel that it's time we start protecting board members and fellow Pcar enthusiasts alike.Maybe give Ebay and Renn List a heads up as well since that's where housebrown seems to be doing most of their business these days.
Sorry you didn't know about this board sooner Steve we could have saved you alot of trouble.

Oh and a big "Hi,rot in bad business practices hell " to Mark and Sid and all the other housebrown lurkers out there.
1996 Ford E-350 ex-FedEx Van
2014 Mazda CX-5 (Kinderwagon)
2019 KTM 790 Adventure
2024 KLX300
2024 KLX140
Chrenan  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you've done it Keno, you're the third Canadian to post on this thread, that means this is the dreaded "Canadian-Anti-Housebrown-Conspiracy" that the housebrown crew always complains about.

Seriously, I second the idea for a warning sticky about housebrown on the top of the General Discussion page. The fact that Steve came here to complain tells me that housebrown have got enough free advertising here, let's at least make the advertising accurate with a warning sticky.
Ozzie  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a once supporter of Hausbraun I can only say they did the right thing by me.
Obviously, from all the banter I have read about here it appears I may have been fortunate.
As a business owner who has been ripped off and chasing materials and/or payments which never arrived from suppliers/customers my heart goes out to people in similar circumstance. (chasing one prick now for 3K and his personal problems don't concern me)

I suggest we have a Named & Shamed section or thread sticky.
Members can put their beef up there for all to see.
Engineer of Electro/Mechanical Systems Maintenance
shikzachaser  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Those Canadians Reply with quote

I may not have what I paid for but at least I have been warned about Canadians. I have been checking the trees outside my house here in St Louis prior to going outside just to make sure there are no crazy canucks up in the branches waiting to pounce and attack me with a hockey stick.

Thanks for the heads up eh hoser.

Obviously this was not meant seriously and no insults were intended. I would like to appologize in advance if anyone was offended.

Steve
Chrenan  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, us hosers can take a joke, eh!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: