Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Does anyone know Mark Johnson? (my924gtc)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flosho  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, body kits for 924? Lets go beat the crap out of the guy supposed to be making them!!!

Its too bad those fell through... I wouldn't mind one, mainly just a front clip...
Rich Sandor  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI Everyone:

I've just recieved a Paypal payment for $500usd from HausBrauen.

As far as I'm concerned, this matter is over, even though I've still actually LOST $100 through the transaction. ($90 in exchange rate difference, and $15 paypal fee!!!!!)

So there, It's done. Thank you all for your efforts in helping move this along.

Rich
PORSCHEV  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great Rich!

I think there has been some quick reslolutions to Marks old problems due to the fact the other members in HausBrauen don't want the bad advertising.

Too bad it only takes a single fly in your soup to spoil your appetite

Great to hear you had success!

1978-#53 "D" track racer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
leadfoot  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PORSCHEV wrote:
Mark...how you keep from putting a gun in your mouth and pulling the trigger...?? If half of the stories you tell are true...thats what I would have done long ago.

Same old.....woah is me

dude settle down... I don't want to see this kind of attitude on the board please...
Leadfoot
Bullet924  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I been lurking, now I am posting.

I think that kind of comment is total BS. A gun to your mouth, that kind of stuff should get you banded.

What kind of human being makes that comment about another?

Situation or no, thats like telling a rape victim they should have dressed more conservatively or something just as stupid and cold.

I usually dont post to furoms, to many know it alls, self proclaimed experts, and those "nice" guys that think they are rooting out evil or something just as "drama"-atic, by trying to expose people "they" consider to be no good, bad, evil, or full of it. Drama who needs it.

In this case, I cant speak about My924GTC. But I can comment on HBM or Hausbrauen, whatever.

I got my car a 924 Turbo from West. He delivered it. I got my Fiberglass stuff from HBM. West Delivered it. I also got a supercharger for my S10 from HBM.
Hood Scoop - Like the CGT but...

Thanks West & HBM
Bullet924  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some thought, here are the details on what I got:

Fiberwerks Front End
Carrera GT Scoop - being modifed for my use(special)
Carrera Rear Flares
944 Fenders
Intercooler + Pipes & hoses
Rear Light Panel (between the tail lights)

Also:
Supercharger kit (not for the 924 for the 4.3 S10 Blazer I own) 6 PSI!

The only thing I have installed is the Supercharger kit.
931 is cooling her heals in the garage, I started the tear down. I will get some pics when I get a chance.

Details Time from order to delivery:

Fiberwerks kit 6 weeks between order and delivery - this is a slightly modified F44 Front end. Took longer becuase it was modified to my specs, twice (I made an additional change mid way).
Carrera Stuff 4 weeks (AIR)
944 Fenders 2 days (Used Fiberglass)
Intercooler stuff 1 week
Light Panel 1 day

Supercharger Kit 10 Weeks from ordered to delivered. Took a day to install. I did before going on vacation and drove it from Orlando to Dollywood and back.

Only Delay was for Gauges I wanted with it. I also was number 5 inline. I knew this and understood that it would be atleast 2 months. So no lies, no delays for the kit, just the extras I ordered.

Thanks West & HBM
Bullet924  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yes I am serious considering tossing the POS KKK turbo for a supercharger for the 924. (see sig.) Also dont expect to see a lot of stuff from me on this board.

Just to be clear on something I support HBM. I got into my second porsche because of them. I also understand what goes on in small business.

West pointed me to this board in the begining and I have read all the little pissing matches.

What I see is people trying to keep the little guy down. Stuff happens. Some good some bad. Thats life. I for the life of me cant find any meat to most of the arguements with HBM superchargers. Just a bunch of "show me" or its bs.

Wonder if Michael Angelo had to show another chapel painted before they let him do the Sistine Chapel?

Strange Attitude to have.

I said my piece.

Thanks West & HBM
Ozzie  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hausbraun's name has come up before and they have done right by me.
Took awhile due to the freight services but that is not their fault.
I have been in business myself for 14 years and know the difficulties involved with customers and freight.
Once it leaves my hands I have no control over the items and delivery times and had things go missing.
This can cause some angst with customers and eventually I closed my doors to all individual customers and only work for the business sector now.
Give the guys some lee-way and take it up with them if you have a complaint and keep at them if they forget.
I have found them to be quick to reply to emails and co-operative.
Engineer of Electro/Mechanical Systems Maintenance
PORSCHEV  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow you guys really took me literally! Get a grip guys....I was merely making a comment on how a run of bad luck ( if true) would push someone to the edge on sanity. Anyway bullet...that was a nice plug you did for HSB....bravo!

But you guys can defend Mark all day....this rhead started with a guy who paid for a part...mark decided to keep the part and the money for over a year....can any of you justify that!!!!!

1978-#53 "D" track racer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
flosho  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like if this occured over a year ago, thats before Hausbrauen formed...
Ozzie  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never dealt with Mark but with Wes at Hausbraun and never had a problem.
Not sure where Mark fits in but I believe the Hausbraun crew are trying to sort out previous problems.
Engineer of Electro/Mechanical Systems Maintenance
Neil924  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bullet924 wrote:
After some thought, here are the details on what I got:

Fiberwerks Front End
Carrera GT Scoop - being modifed for my use(special)
Carrera Rear Flares
944 Fenders
Intercooler + Pipes & hoses
Rear Light Panel (between the tail lights)

Also:
Supercharger kit (not for the 924 for the 4.3 S10 Blazer I own) 6 PSI!

The only thing I have installed is the Supercharger kit.
931 is cooling her heals in the garage, I started the tear down. I will get some pics when I get a chance.

Details Time from order to delivery:

Fiberwerks kit 6 weeks between order and delivery - this is a slightly modified F44 Front end. Took longer becuase it was modified to my specs, twice (I made an additional change mid way).
Carrera Stuff 4 weeks (AIR)
944 Fenders 2 days (Used Fiberglass)
Intercooler stuff 1 week
Light Panel 1 day

Supercharger Kit 10 Weeks from ordered to delivered. Took a day to install. I did before going on vacation and drove it from Orlando to Dollywood and back.

Only Delay was for Gauges I wanted with it. I also was number 5 inline. I knew this and understood that it would be atleast 2 months. So no lies, no delays for the kit, just the extras I ordered.

Sounds like some one works for or is friends with that crowd.
Bullet924  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil, try again, how about a happy customer and thankful for the product, the support and for pointing me to this website.

Next you will say flosho and Ozzie work for them and all that, so anyone who plugs them? Oh no wait I know, its because I am new right?

Must go right along with a certain "crowd" of people that always have something to say when someone posts something from HBM. Strange from what I have read a lot of them have never done business with HBM, they just got something bad, negative or cold to say about them. Same people over and over, no matter who else has someting differnt to say.

I remember just recently a few guys happy about stuff, one about a hatch or something, someone killed the kids joy with little comments about getting free parts that someone else doesnt want. Nice one, steal the kids thunder, about the same as telling the kid he isnt special or lucky, he just got someone elses trash.

I met West when he had his 931 forsale. Typical stuff, email, phone calls, guy works for DHS, I figure has to be worth something if he is in that kind of job. So I bought the car. After that (lots of free parts) I got other stuff, I have had zero problems, 100% ebay rating, all that speaks well for a little business.

I spent hard earned money on the stuff I got, I shared the good and the bad, nothing was overnight. But it was all reasonable.

Yea the thread started about who knows Mark. And included stuff about HBM. I know Mark is in the mix.

After a few months at laughing at the BS and Drama that comes up when then guys at Hausbrauen post, I posted my experience, take it for what you will.

I still say, what kind of a person even mentions a gun and killing yourself over bad luck or hardship? That your idea of advice? "If I was you..." I would want to have to explain that if someone took your advice.

Thanks West & HBM
Neil924  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one posts as much as you just to defend a company. And when a company has such a spotty record it shows up as a red flag. What you say might be true but probably isn't. No harm done, just business.

I wouldn't do business with them because of all the feedback and I don't like the way they respond {or not} to posts and questions.
StienbargerR  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if you guys know was hausbrauen means, but it tells you alot of what you should expect from them. It means 'home brew.' They are obviously working out of their garages and things. If you expect them to get you stuff in a hurry, you probably should find another source.

I don't mean to make anyone mad, or say "you idiot" to anyone. those are just the facts. They are just guys who enjoy our cars, and are making stuff on the side for us. They do other things, and have lives to deal with. Few of us are gifted with the talents to make custom parts, and deal with order from manufacturers. Our community is small, so It isn't anyone's top priority to make us parts. I guess I am somewhat on HBM's side, but I do know how frustrating it is to wait on merchandise to get to your doorstep, especially something you paid hundreds of dollars for.

Ryan
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: