Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Hausbrauen?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillA  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Hausbrauen? Reply with quote

Has anyone dealt with these guys, I paid for a strut brace and sent money over three weeks ago, e-mail them twice and I haven't heard squat!
Heck of a way to do business!

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Mark Twain
moone924  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's are some people that have yes. Weird I haven't seen any recent posts from them lately

Always shopping for a nice s2 931 to baby.
New philosophy : one car project at a time.
gohim  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't you noticed? HBM are scarce when money or parts is/are owed. Next will come the excuses for delayed or no delivery because of personal problems.

This has been covered and debated over and over.

Only a fool would send them money and expect what he/she paid for in a reasonable period of time, or at all.
BillA  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: HBM Reply with quote

So Gohim, what your telling me is not only am I out some money, but I'm a foul? Thanks, I really appreciate that comment!
Tigger937  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an email from them last week. Seems like they are having some supplier issues. Keep in mind that these are not standard, off-the-shelf products, but custom stuff. Supplier issues will be more frequent in trying to maintain schedules and quality, especially when dealing with low volume parts. I have the utmost confidence in them and appreciate what they are trying to do for our cars. Remember, we are not a high volume market and yet they still keep the lid on prices.

"Think outside the box"
Chrenan  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Hausbrauen? Reply with quote

BillA wrote:
Has anyone dealt with these guys, I paid for a strut brace and sent money over three weeks ago, e-mail them twice and I haven't heard squat!
Heck of a way to do business!

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Mark Twain

He paid three weeks ago and emailed twice. The "business" should tell the customer immediately if supply problems arise and inform the customer the delivery will be delayed.
Ozzie  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought some rims from them back in Dec. I paid for normal insured freight.
The rims never showed up and I was assured they were sent.
They bought another set of rims and paid the extra out of their pocket to have them air freighted to me.
I'll support them after that.

Also note my location.
Engineer of Electro/Mechanical Systems Maintenance
Neil924  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read up on them and some have had good dealing and some have been unhappy. Write them and call them, keep us informed. It would be a shame if another 924er was ripped off by a company who said they support our cars.
gohim  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillA,

You didn't join the Board yesterday, so you have been around while some of the incidents that occurred were discussed and debated. You would not be in this situation, if you had paid some attention. You are not alone, the same thing as happened to others. You can still go back and look up the messages about HBM, as they were not that far back in the past.

You may get the item/s you paid for some day. Just keep hammering on them, and every time they appear and post on the message board somewhere, leave a comment referring to the fact that they owe you whatever, when you paid, and how long it has been.

Eventually they will send it, if you keep on them (will probably take a while). If you don't keep on them, they will reappear, and act like everything is fine, and they don't owe anybody anything.

The people that complain until they finally get results usually get more than they originally bargained for, at least people who ordered used parts. Those are the same people that seem to defend them for some reason.

Personally, I prefer to get what I paid for when I pay for it. Forget this " Gee, they eventually sent me more than I paid for, so that's OKAY". If HBM expects to be treated and referred to as a legitimate, honest business, they should ship WHEN THEY ARE PAID, NOT WHEN THEY FINALLY GET AROUND TO IT. IF THEY DON'T HAVE A PRODUCT IN STOCK READY FOR DELIVERY, THEY HAVE NO BUSINESS TAKING PEOPLE'S MONEY UNTIL THAT ITEM IS ON THE SHELF, READY FOR DELIVERY AND THEY ARE READY TO SHIP THE ITEM/S AS SOON AS THE MONEY ARRIVES. Come to think of it, that's what Automobile Atlanta has been doing for years, and getting away with it.

The excuses have already begun...

Here are some excuses that have been used over and over again. I have a regular job, not a commercial Porsche Parts Business and I am too busy to send what I owe, since I am doing the Buyer a favor, I will send XXXX, when I get a chance, THEN, THERE IS: I get these things made in small quantites, and my supplier/s are late delivering. OR, HOW ABOUT, I have personal problem/s and will send the item/s as soon as I can.

The Principle person behind HBM has a history of not delivering what people have paid him for on time, and the results of most transactions can be predicted in advance.

Please be aware that I have not bought or sold anything to HBM or any of the people who are part of HBM as far as I know, and I will not willing trade with anybody connected to HBM because of the documented incidents that have occurred to others.

Next time, before you order from anybody on this board (whether you contacted them, or they first contacted you), post at least one message inquiring about the reliability and honesty of the person/company you are thinking about doing business with. While you are waiting for replies, search the archives for old messages about transactions with Scammers or the person/company you are considering doing business with. The MODS here are not going to remove most of the Scammers, figuring they will just change screen names and return (kinda like HBM). Ask others whether they got what they paid for, and how long it took for them to get it.
My924gtc  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,

To whom did you send an email? I have not seen anything from you.

Your strut brace, as well as the others that were sold, are at the coaters being powder coated. I will get an update as to when the they will be done tomorrow.

No supplier breakdown on this one, I make these myself, with my own two hands, so it is just a matter of how much time I have each day to work on them.

Sorry if you felt like you were being neglected, you were not, we are just busy as all get out, and I do not have a record of an email from you. You can reach me at markj@hausbrauen.com if you need to in the future.

Sponsor of the 944 Cup and Super Cup
Sponsor of the "2006 Battle in the Badlands"
PORSCHEV  

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now there's customer service!

1978-#53 "D" track racer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chrenan  

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillA,

Any update?

Looking at the thread, you should have heard something yesterday on when the strut brace was finished at the powder coater and when you could expect shipment.
StienbargerR  

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't rag on Hausbrauen. You have to realize that this is a tiny market, there are only a handful of 924's. Mark was nice enough to give me free hatch, which was great. Hausbrauen isn't just here to make a quick buck, they care about us.

I also wish that people would quit bugging them about advertising here. Honestly, how the heck else would we find these guys. Not on tv, not in magazines. It is beneficial to us to see their threads, I myself enjoy just dreaming about their products. This board is much better than many others, and I think it has alot to do with people like Mark and friends, and other guys who try stuff and share their findings.

Ryan
Chrenan  

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not ragging on them. Leaving the issue unresolved as it is currently does as much damage to Haus as having a negative outcome.
moone924  

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StienbargerR wrote:
Don't rag on Hausbrauen. You have to realize that this is a tiny market, there are only a handful of 924's. Mark was nice enough to give me free hatch, which was great.
Ryan

I would have given you a hatch too, I'd love to get rid of it

Always shopping for a nice s2 931 to baby.
New philosophy : one car project at a time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: