Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

So long and thanks for all the fish.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PORSCHEV  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why people say they are leaving the board..if you don't like the tone of a thread..don't read it. It's just like TV..shut it off it it bothers you.

There are lots of usefull points to the board..use those that work for you. I find it entertaining to read Timstars posts...... Mj's tales of woe and triumphant recoveries. It's just freedom of speach and real personalities....

I like the board and 99% of it's members!!! and a proud canadian!

mj thats funny ...hows things in neverland????

1978-#53 "D" track racer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
moone924  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tired of the whole HBM crew and cronies, the posts they make.... always trying to sell you something no matter the topic, and no matter if they even have any experience with the item.
HBM is a group of people that saw a group of car enthusiasts with little or no after-market support, and decided to capitalize on it however possible, using this board.
-------
I'm not going to leave the board though, I'm not going to let them win by scaring off all the non-HBM flag wavers.

Always shopping for a nice s2 931 to baby.
New philosophy : one car project at a time.
-nick  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, one weekend goes by and I'm now the head villain for a bunch of Canucks. I'm left-handed too, does that make me extra-bad?

Remember when we used to talk about cars on this forum? Personally, I had lots of fun yesterday wrenching under the hood in the sunshine. How about you?

My924gtc- It sounds like you've had some rough bouts, but there is really no excuse to treat people like you do. Think about it - how happy would dear old mom be if she read what you've written? I'm not even going to bother responding to your remarks about me in the performance forum. What's the point?

Maybe we can add to the charter, "If mom would smack you in the head if she read it, then don't write it". I think that goes for a couple folks lately and I'm not entirely innocent either.

Keep things in perspective- we're all here to have fun playing with old cars.

cheers
nick
hausbrauen  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrenan wrote:
I also have a long memory. I remember the time I paid you (My924gtc) $20 for spacers that never arrived. Not a big deal, things happen, the mail loses stuff, it was only $20 and I didn't let it sour our relationship and I never raised it as a concern.

Now, apparently, I am the "poor company" that PORCHEV is lumped into because I am not praying to the Haus alter. Nice.

If that is the case you should expect a refund and will be given one regardless of the who-what-where of it all.

In our defense I have never seen a correspondance that states your disatisfaction with a purchase. I assume it was done before my time, but still I have been made aware of past issues. Did you let us know that you never received them?

I also beleive that you were mentioned more for the spirit incased in your latest posts in response to my comments. I may be wrong about that but I doubt it has anyting to do with $20 spacer deals gone bad.

Regardless, you all seem to be a little too wrapped up in this board, and should take a break. I know I am.

'06 Sponsors of the 944 Cup and SuperCup
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
gohim  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HBM Mafia? Just who is a member of this group or consortium besides My924gtc?

Seems to me that we need to revisit the discussion about Identifying Commercial Interests when posting SO EVERYONE knows that the person voicing his/her opinion belongs to a group that may benefit from any endorsement of an item being discussed.

And as I have said before IN OTHER THREADS, "WHY IS IT THAT WHOSE WHO HAVE SCREWED UP, AND TAKEN A DISHONEST ADVANTAGE OF SOMEONE ELSE, AND HAVE NOT MADE GOOD ARE ALWAYS WILLING TO LET IT GO, AND MOTOR ON? " Without making good on their previous mistakes? Seems to me that they are prefectly willing to forget about the money and parts that they owe people, without the people getting what they are owed from them. Mighty White of SCREWERS, what about the SCREWEES?

My925gtc, I have no interest in buying any parts from you, selling you any of my unneeded parts, or buying or selling any parts to anyone involved with the so-called HBM Mafia. I have read enough about your business practices to discourage me from any business dealing with you. BUT I NEED TO KNOW EXACTLY WHERE YOUR BUSINESS INTERESTS ARE SO I CAN AVOID THEM.

If someone you know or you are sick, I may feel for you. BUT that does not discharge your obligation to others in regards to business transactions.

This is the only time I am going to post to this thread because it isn't going anywhere. And I am still hoping that the MODS will establish a discussion area where individual members can post messages about transactions with other individual members. Members of groups and members of consortiums should not be able to post messages endorsing other members of the group or the consortium's products.

Last edited by gohim on Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Paul  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sat back and lurked this thread with some amusement.

Was it that long ago that someone posted: Is technology dead on this board?

Lately some new members have been stirring things up and posting some promise for updates to our cars. I say "BRAVO"

No I am not a member of the "group" just someone who doesn't want to make mistakes and bust my knuckles developing parts for my car, when others are willing to lead the way and take the risks.

There is nothing wrong with making money selling us upgrades! Do any of you work for free? There is nothing wrong with sourcing parts from qualified fabricators and selling them to us at a profit. No one has to pay the asking price unless they want the part.

BTW I have no issues with any transactions I have done with HBM.

Things will look better in a while, hang in there.
Polar Silver 02 996TT. "Turbo"
Owned and repaired 924s since 1977
Porsche: It's not driving, it's therapy.
flosho  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Paul in that finally someone will build us something, and all we do is discourage them or pick apart every flaw or tiny detail that comes from the HBM members. I'm so sick of going to porsche related website and all you see is "944/928/968/911 parts". Nothing for the little guy.

We are a specialized community and need every bit of support that we can get in the aftermarket community.
D Hook  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So....a nun and a parrot walk into the bar.................
WhoDak  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...And the envelope looks at the pen and screams, "AAAHHHHHH! IT'S A TALKING PEN!!"
Paul  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the parrot says to the Nun....
D Hook  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Can you believe these prices?"

And the nun says.........
Paul  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel sticking out of his zipper. The bartender says, “Hey! Did you know you have a steering wheel attached to your willie?” The pirate replies, “Aye! It’s driving me nuts!”
Paul  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A man walks out of a bar and meets a policeman. "Hey," the policeman says, "your eyes are bloodshot, have you been drinking Bloody Mary's?" "Well," the man says, "your eyes are glazed, have you been eating donuts?"
Paul  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a dyslexic walks into a bra . . .
Mike924  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're all nuts!

Is it something they put in the water over there?

'There is no substitute for a little grease under your fingernails.' - Chrenan, 924board.org
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: