Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

New member, old project, and tons of fun...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hausbrauen  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: New member, old project, and tons of fun... Reply with quote

Technically I'm new (even though I've had a crash course in 924board.org) but a formal introduction was suggested, and I think it is in order as well.

My name is Sidney, I recently (couple months ago) got involved with a little group of 924 owners that most of you are familiar with. We met to discuss business plans and after hearing their pitch I was sold. Not only on the business but on the 924 as well. I personally never gave the car a thought before meeting these guys (like most people). Well, one thing lead to another, a short but spirited drive in one of their cars, and I found myself the new owner of an S2 931 (which came with this nifty user ID) and I'm now the CFO of a nice little upstart biz.

The car is a blue '81 that is on it's way to becoming a GT of some sort. It is my car now but I am not even concerned with, nor capable of, doing anything to it. It is in the most capable hands I can imagine, and will be nothing short of brilliant when finished later this summer.

Well you all have a good day, and be sure to kick her in the guts every so often, I've been told she likes that kind of treatment

'06 Sponsors of the 944 Cup and SuperCup
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
D Hook  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Where are you located?
hausbrauen  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi D Hook.

I'm in the Motor City.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Khal  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the 'board. I thought you were My924gtc or ESC944 posting under the new business handle...
Ozzie  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome- done business with you guys already.
Engineer of Electro/Mechanical Systems Maintenance
hausbrauen  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khal wrote:
Welcome to the 'board. I thought you were My924gtc or ESC944 posting under the new business handle...

No Khal, whole new personality for you to enjoy, and thanks for having me.

I have had a few exchanges with ESC, but just basic tutorials on the dark arts he works in. As you might imagine that guy has a lot to say about boost. Amazing amounts of it really and that seems to be the tip of the iceburg when it comes to cars in general.

As for my924gtc, I would not really wish that guys life on anyone. Not that he lives a life of misery, far from it. Let's just say it is a life full of twists, turns, and constant disruption. How he manages to balance it all and remain focused is a wonder. As a matter of fact I believe he is off on one of those twists right now.

As far as HBM is concerned, hopefully I can remove a lot of the burden by handling day to day stuff, some sales, and the marketing aspect like direct interaction with the public on the forums like this. The more time the others can spend in the shops making cars happen the better off we will all be in the end.

Ozzie, don't recall seeing any outbound shipments to AUS but thanks for the business. It is all appreciated.

Ozzie  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Ebay item http://cgi1.ebay.com.au/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemWithCategory&item=8020378359.
Bummer is they still haven't arrived, maybe lost in transit.
hausbrauen  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozzie, a little before my time but a concern nonetheless.

I will get up to speed on that as I plow through the piles of paperwork from 2005.

International shipping can be an adventure sometimes to say the least, a lot of people hesitate to even do it.

Ozzie  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In another week it will be 3 months.. I think we can agree they are lost after that.
Where things like that go are a mystery.
Customs must have auctions to fund their social club.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: